California Reservoir biotope

22 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Yeahson421_*

Guest_Yeahson421_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2014 - 01:50 PM

Also, as for sand, if you use play sand, it can be very dusty, but if you get the white silica sand (a bit more expensive) and rinse it once or twice, it doesn't cloud really at all.

#22 Guest_AMcCaleb_*

Guest_AMcCaleb_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2014 - 02:56 PM

I used pool filter sand and rinsed it several times and it still gets messy

Day5FishTanks. Any other native YouTubers on here?

#23 Guest_KingKenny04_*

Guest_KingKenny04_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2014 - 04:00 PM

Unfortunately, I'm unaware if either species is currently available anywhere, but a REALLY cool California tank would have some Sacramento Perch and Tule Perch. I do believe I stumbled across an aquaculture dealer a few years back that raised Sacramento Perch, and I remember also finding a forum post from someone that years ago had some Tule Perch and was giving away babies (the thread was long dead by the time I found it, otherwise I would've jumped on it). If you can do some research and get ahold of either of those species, you would be the envy of all your native fish keeping peers. :)

That would be cool, might tackle that later on down the line. For now I really wanna tackle the reservoir sunfish thing because that's what I grew up fishing. A Sacramento/American/Russian River biotope with Sac Perch would be pretty awesome for a later project, though.

EDIT: See, now you have me googling "Sacramento River aquatic plants" and checking the sizes of Tule Perch and California Roach, haha! Getting distracted, but I really like this idea!

Edited by KingKenny04, 22 February 2014 - 04:20 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users