American Currents

66 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Casper_*

Guest_Casper_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 May 2014 - 01:06 PM

That is a neat story and your brother and his friend to be commended. The bus driver will remember that to her last days.

Mr. Mailman drove by again today! "Stomp my feets"

#22 Guest_Guba_*

Guest_Guba_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2014 - 12:05 PM

LOL! I got mine today. The funny part is, it's the only issue I ever got since my renewal over a year ago. I'm done with NANFA! I joined in the mid '90's and had issues with getting the magazine back then. I joined a few years back so I could attend the Ohio convention and had issues getting my subscription again. Someone here resolved it, but I got 2 of each issue I missed. Thinking the issue was taken care of, I renewed. HUGE MISTAKE!!!! Whoever takes care of subscriptions should be fired! The organization would benefit greatly if there was timely and prompt magazine management. The information in the magazines is truly awesome! It's the whole reason to renew!

2 joins, 1 renewal, all 3 epic fails!!!!

#23 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 03 May 2014 - 12:16 PM

First, let me offer my apologies. There is no excuse for us not taking care of you as a member.

Second, could you please send me a PM your real name so that I could investigate the problem. I understand that you are frustrated, but at least if I could figure it out, we might be able to do better in the future (even if you do decide to not renew).

Last, we cant fire anyone, :smile2: we are an all volunteer society with this kind of work being done by just one or two people.
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#24 Guest_FirstChAoS_*

Guest_FirstChAoS_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2014 - 02:51 PM

I haven't got mine yet, but mine usually arrives any place between a week and a month after everyone elses does. I DID find the last one that I misplaced shortly after getting it though.

#25 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2014 - 03:13 PM

Mine arrived. Excellent, and the color! Great job editing crew!

#26 Guest_fritz_*

Guest_fritz_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2014 - 04:27 PM

Got mine today. thanks to Olaf for the layout and design

#27 mattknepley

mattknepley
  • NANFA Member
  • Smack-dab between the Savannah and the Saluda.

Posted 03 May 2014 - 04:59 PM

Grrrr, still haven't gotten mine. Casper, you got an extra snorkel suit I can stand on my corner in? Wait, never mind. My mailman is my coworker and friend. It wouldn't faze him at all...
Matt Knepley
"No thanks, a third of a gopher would merely arouse my appetite..."

#28 Guest_fundulus_*

Guest_fundulus_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2014 - 06:39 PM

Mine just arrived. Everything about it is pumped up - paper quality, photo reproduction quality, number and range of articles. And now we have the full story of Nick Little's redline darter tattoo...

#29 Guest_wispfox_*

Guest_wispfox_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2014 - 08:52 PM

This will be my first! *impatient*

#30 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2014 - 08:57 PM

LOL! I got mine today. The funny part is, it's the only issue I ever got since my renewal over a year ago. I'm done with NANFA! I joined in the mid '90's and had issues with getting the magazine back then. I joined a few years back so I could attend the Ohio convention and had issues getting my subscription again. Someone here resolved it, but I got 2 of each issue I missed. Thinking the issue was taken care of, I renewed. HUGE MISTAKE!!!! Whoever takes care of subscriptions should be fired! The organization would benefit greatly if there was timely and prompt magazine management. The information in the magazines is truly awesome! It's the whole reason to renew!

2 joins, 1 renewal, all 3 epic fails!!!!

This sucks, I am sorry that it happened, and wish I had a way to make it up to you. What can we do for you?

#31 Guest_fritz_*

Guest_fritz_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2014 - 11:52 AM

As they arrive, would everyone check to ensure there is only one mailing label on the back. Mine had 2 - someone in VA was underneath. If you have 2, PM me with who the other person is. Thanks

#32 Guest_fundulus_*

Guest_fundulus_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2014 - 01:20 PM

Fritz, I sent you a PM, mine was double labelled.

#33 Guest_fritz_*

Guest_fritz_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:23 PM

thanks. i sent him an email

#34 Guest_smbass_*

Guest_smbass_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2014 - 07:04 AM

Got mine last Friday, will check out the double label thing.

#35 Guest_Casper_*

Guest_Casper_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2014 - 12:42 PM

I got my American Currents today, the mailman successfully navigating my obstacles. I also received my rep package of 3 of this issue and 1, oddly, from Summer 2013, mailed directly from Tom Watson. I will take most of these to the Tennessee Aquarium for their gift shop and potentially new members.

Looks nice editors! Thanks again for another issue of our fine publication. Very good to see the additional color. I have not read everything but i will over the next few days. Thanks for all the article submissions. I take pride in urging both Ed Scott and Nick Little to do so.

EVERYONE! Look very carefully at your label. Beneath mine i can barely make out a second label and i can barely see the letters...
Dere
Clev

For some reason the labeling machine is fouling up. You have to look VERY close to see the labeling on top of each other, at least in my case.

#36 Guest_Subrosa_*

Guest_Subrosa_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2014 - 02:45 PM

Mine just arrived, VERY nice! Wish I had time to do more than glance at it right now! Double labeled, pm sent.

#37 mattknepley

mattknepley
  • NANFA Member
  • Smack-dab between the Savannah and the Saluda.

Posted 05 May 2014 - 05:32 PM

I'm still lackin' in the AC department. Man, nobody's been this anxious for a publication to arrive since Steve Martin counted down the days until the phone book came! And then he got shot at; heyyyy, maybe that red X does mean something. Gotta think, gotta make a list of NANFAns I might've ticked off...
Matt Knepley
"No thanks, a third of a gopher would merely arouse my appetite..."

#38 Guest_Mike_*

Guest_Mike_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2014 - 06:04 PM

Fritz, I sent you a PM, mine was double labelled too.

#39 Guest_Gavinswildlife_*

Guest_Gavinswildlife_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2014 - 06:16 PM

Mine was, too.
I sent fritz a pm

#40 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 05 May 2014 - 06:21 PM

Man, nobody's been this anxious for a publication to arrive since Steve Martin counted down the days until the phone book came! And then he got shot at; heyyyy, maybe that red X does mean something. Gotta think, gotta make a list of NANFAns I might've ticked off...

Don't worry Matt, its not you... someone must be angry at those cans!
the new AC.jpg
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users