2015 NANFA Convention Recap

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#21 Matt DeLaVega

Matt DeLaVega
  • Forum Staff
  • Ohio

Posted 12 June 2015 - 01:14 PM

Nice. Lauren is the gar wrangler and James is the gar whisperer? Where did you guys get lutrensis? Did you go with Brian Z. up to the Neosho?

The member formerly known as Skipjack

#22 fritz

fritz
  • Board of Directors

Posted 12 June 2015 - 04:47 PM

Zack wrote:

"I'm not a professional anything having to do with fish, and although many who attended are"

Thanks for your nice post. By my estimation only about 9 of the 40 non-Oklahomans are professional biologists.  What we have is a highly motivated group interested in fish.  

Fritz

#23 Mrfipp

Mrfipp
  • NANFA Guest
  • Runaway Bay, Texas

Posted 12 June 2015 - 04:51 PM

I stand corrected. It must have just been how knowledgeable everyone was...
There's something fishy about this place...

#24 FishGuyJosh

FishGuyJosh
  • Regional Rep

Posted 13 June 2015 - 06:41 PM

Nice. Lauren is the gar wrangler and James is the gar whisperer? Where did you guys get lutrensis? Did you go with Brian Z. up to the Neosho?

Yeah our group hit the river just prior to ending our day at 5 Mile Creek. Which turned out to be one heck of site to end the convention on!
FishGuyJosh

#25 Casper

Casper
  • NANFA Fellow
  • Chattanooga, TN alongside South Chickamauga Creek, just upstream of the mighty Tennessee River.

Posted 15 June 2015 - 04:17 PM

At the NANFA table I had several requests for an OK shirt and have thought we might try this out if enough interest is expressed.  We sold about 20 shirts from previous conventions but no one produced a shirt for the Oklahoma convention so...

Here is a design featuring Lance Merry's photo of the Sunburst Darter.

I am unsure of what the cost will be but i suspect something like $20. They will be simple, printed on white and on the front only.  I will have to do some research to find out how and who the online / ondemand printer will be.  Something like Cafe Express or such.

I figure we would need at least 10 shirt requests to justify pursuing this option.  Let me know if interested.

Attached File  OK-NANFA-Logo-Tahlequah-Sunburst-T-Shirt.jpg   58.33KB   1 downloads

At the OK convention we sold out of the remaining Florida, Kentucky and Nevada shirts.  We still have a lot of Texas, Ohio and North Carolina shirts as well as common sizes for the NANFA logo shirts.

Casper Cox
Chattanooga, near the TN Divide on BlueFishRidge overlooking South Chickamauga Creek.

#26 Matt DeLaVega

Matt DeLaVega
  • Forum Staff
  • Ohio

Posted 15 June 2015 - 04:34 PM

2 One for me one for Seth. I wear Xl. I am guessing he is M. I will check. Send you a PM later. Thanks for doing this.

The member formerly known as Skipjack

#27 mattknepley

mattknepley
  • NANFA Member
  • Smack-dab between the Savannah and the Saluda.

Posted 15 June 2015 - 05:29 PM

I'd take one in an XL if the price stays at $20.
Matt Knepley
"No thanks, a third of a gopher would merely arouse my appetite..."

#28 fritz

fritz
  • Board of Directors

Posted 15 June 2015 - 05:29 PM

1 for me Large

#29 fritz

fritz
  • Board of Directors

Posted 15 June 2015 - 05:33 PM

where+are+we+going.jpgWhere are going? Saturday AM

#30 fritz

fritz
  • Board of Directors

Posted 15 June 2015 - 05:35 PM

the+group.jpgThursday afternoon group meeting

#31 fritz

fritz
  • Board of Directors

Posted 15 June 2015 - 05:36 PM

seinign2.jpgSeining on Thursday afternoon

#32 fritz

fritz
  • Board of Directors

Posted 15 June 2015 - 05:38 PM

saturday+AM.jpgSmiley in the foreground is my 47-year old son, Bill, who was the greenest of the green at the convention.  He had fished for bass, crappies, sunnies, and walleye but had no idea of what lay below the surface.  He had a Blast!

#33 Fishwhisperer

Fishwhisperer
  • NANFA Guest

Posted 15 June 2015 - 09:16 PM

Had a great time.  Brandon is to be commended on organizing such a great convention on such short notice.  Brooks turned out to be a fun and helpful guide.  Beautiful streams!  Had a great time.  Time flew by too fast.  Look forward to future conventions, Iowa Scott. 

#34 FishGuyJosh

FishGuyJosh
  • Regional Rep

Posted 16 June 2015 - 10:42 AM

At the NANFA table I had several requests for an OK shirt and have thought we might try this out if enough interest is expressed.  We sold about 20 shirts from previous conventions but no one produced a shirt for the Oklahoma convention so...

I am unsure of what the cost will be but i suspect something like $20. They will be simple, printed on white and on the front only.  I will have to do some research to find out how and who the online / ondemand printer will be.  Something like Cafe Express or such.

I figure we would need at least 10 shirt requests to justify pursuing this option.  Let me know if interested.

I'd be down for a large shirt Casper. I bet my boss James would probably want an XL as well.

FishGuyJosh

#35 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 16 June 2015 - 06:08 PM

count me in, of course

Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#36 Mike

Mike
  • Regional Rep
  • Indiana

Posted 16 June 2015 - 07:41 PM

attachicon.gifOK-NANFA-Logo-Tahlequah-Sunburst-T-Shirt.jpg

At the OK convention we sold out of the remaining Florida, Kentucky and Nevada shirts.  We still have a lot of Texas, Ohio and North Carolina shirts as well as common sizes for the NANFA logo shirts.

I would want two 3XL Shirts, one to wear right away and one to save until the first one wears out!

Mike Berg
Northwest Indiana

#37 Casper

Casper
  • NANFA Fellow
  • Chattanooga, TN alongside South Chickamauga Creek, just upstream of the mighty Tennessee River.

Posted 18 June 2015 - 10:47 AM

Attached File  00-RostonDip.JPG   153.39KB   3 downloads

I am working with a printer for the OK shirts, test prints using a new process will be mailed to me soon.

Here is another Casper oddity snorkel session.  We spent the day with Dr. Roston, the Grandfather of underwater freshwater photography.  He had a pool in the yard that i just had to take a peek in.

:)

I really enjoyed this convention as well as the days afterwards.  5 in Tahlequah, 4 in Dogpatch and 1 in Pine Bluff.  Lots of photos and videos to work through once i'm caught up with my other life.

Casper Cox
Chattanooga, near the TN Divide on BlueFishRidge overlooking South Chickamauga Creek.

#38 Josh Blaylock

Josh Blaylock
  • Board of Directors
  • Central Kentucky

Posted 18 June 2015 - 01:18 PM

I'll take a shirt, and I know Jared wanted one too.

Josh Blaylock - Central KY
NANFA on Facebook

KYCREEKS - KRWW - KWA

I hope to have God on my side, but I must have Kentucky.

- Abraham Lincoln, 1861

#39 FishGuyJosh

FishGuyJosh
  • Regional Rep

Posted 18 June 2015 - 11:06 PM

Alright, I finally got some good video on my Go Pro so I took a shot at doing my first edited piece. The goal will be to put out a small series of footage from the convention...

FishGuyJosh

#40 mattknepley

mattknepley
  • NANFA Member
  • Smack-dab between the Savannah and the Saluda.

Posted 19 June 2015 - 04:32 AM

Very nice work, Mr. Porter!
Matt Knepley
"No thanks, a third of a gopher would merely arouse my appetite..."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users