2015 NANFA Convention Recap

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#41 littlen

littlen
  • NANFA Member
  • Washington, D.C.

Posted 19 June 2015 - 05:40 AM

Man, you could hardly see the darters through all those boring shiners.  Were they female Rainbows?

Just kidding.  Solid video.

Nick L.

#42 Josh Blaylock

Josh Blaylock
  • Board of Directors
  • Central Kentucky

Posted 19 June 2015 - 06:50 AM

That's awesome Josh.  I'd love to have some of that on the NANFA YouTube page, but you doesn't allow users to upload their content.

Josh Blaylock - Central KY
NANFA on Facebook

KYCREEKS - KRWW - KWA

I hope to have God on my side, but I must have Kentucky.

- Abraham Lincoln, 1861

#43 Isaac Szabo

Isaac Szabo
  • NANFA Member
  • Marble Falls, AR

Posted 19 June 2015 - 11:27 AM

Awesome video Josh! I've been looking forward to seeing this and some of your other videos. Good job on the video edit.

Nick, no rainbows over there. They are one of the orangethroat splits.

#44 FirstChAoS

FirstChAoS
  • Regional Rep

Posted 20 June 2015 - 08:46 AM

Nice GoPro video Josh, Last fall I bought a GoPro Hero and equipment to attach it to my Sealife and goggles it can attach to. I finally go to use it this spring and it doesn't work. It lights up briefly when I go to charge it, but after charging will not turn on,

#45 fritz

fritz
  • Board of Directors

Posted 20 June 2015 - 11:35 AM

Gorgeous Josh - also really enjoyed the music

#46 FishGuyJosh

FishGuyJosh
  • Regional Rep

Posted 20 June 2015 - 04:05 PM

Glad you guys like it! Believe it or not, the music is from a Steve Martin CD. He's actually put out a couple of really good banjo albums.

FishGuyJosh

#47 moxostoma

moxostoma
  • NANFA Member

Posted 20 June 2015 - 05:22 PM

We'd be interested in the OK 2015 convention t-shirts!

One medium and one extra-small.

- Josh and Joy Leisen

#48 don212

don212
  • NANFA Member

Posted 21 June 2015 - 03:09 PM

attachicon.gif00-RostonDip.JPG

I am working with a printer for the OK shirts, test prints using a new process will be mailed to me soon.

Here is another Casper oddity snorkel session.  We spent the day with Dr. Roston, the Grandfather of underwater freshwater photography.  He had a pool in the yard that i just had to take a peek in.

:)

I really enjoyed this convention as well as the days afterwards.  5 in Tahlequah, 4 in Dogpatch and 1 in Pine Bluff.  Lots of photos and videos to work through once i'm caught up with my other life.

are you snorkeling the container pond?

#49 Ken

Ken
  • NANFA Member

Posted 22 June 2015 - 09:54 AM

I'd take a large T shirt Casper.

In Seine Creek Stomping

Admin: Percidae Husbandry; a Closed Facebook Group

#50 Josh Blaylock

Josh Blaylock
  • Board of Directors
  • Central Kentucky

Posted 22 June 2015 - 11:19 AM

Casper, do you want to create a separate thread to track the T-shirts so we don't get this one off topic?

Josh Blaylock - Central KY
NANFA on Facebook

KYCREEKS - KRWW - KWA

I hope to have God on my side, but I must have Kentucky.

- Abraham Lincoln, 1861

#51 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 22 June 2015 - 12:02 PM

I can split the thread... Might make it easier on everyone.
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#52 Chasmodes

Chasmodes
  • NANFA Member
  • Central Maryland

Posted 22 June 2015 - 12:35 PM

Great video, thanks for sharing!

Kevin Wilson

#53 Casper

Casper
  • NANFA Fellow
  • Chattanooga, TN alongside South Chickamauga Creek, just upstream of the mighty Tennessee River.

Posted 22 June 2015 - 12:55 PM

You can do as you see fit.

I will be making a posting once i get the test prints in hand and work out a few more details.  I will likely have Michael provide a link for orders on the NANFA shirts website.

I will keep those interested updated via the forum.

As for Don's question i was commencing to enter Dr. Roston's pool but once i got in, well all but my feets, most of the water sloshed out.  Thus they were able to identify most of the critters while standing dry and picking them up.  Identified were Tangerine Shiners, Rainbow Redhorse, Blotchside Sculpins and a Show Me State Dace.  And Pollywogs mostly.

Casper Cox
Chattanooga, near the TN Divide on BlueFishRidge overlooking South Chickamauga Creek.

#54 keepnatives

keepnatives
  • Regional Rep

Posted 22 June 2015 - 10:26 PM

Casper you may be starting a new craze, "Caspering"!  Similar to planking but for "Caspering" one must have at least your face covered by water.  The photo of you in the water covered road and of you in the 125 gallon preformed pond are great inspirations.  Wonder who will be the first in a bird bath, water trough,mud puddle or flooded basement?  Do you think mask and snorkle should be mandatory and wet/dry suit optional?  

Mike Lucas
Mohawk-Hudson Watershed
Schenectady NY

#55 fritz

fritz
  • Board of Directors

Posted 23 June 2015 - 12:07 PM

Casper may have been inspired by our friend Rudy Arndt using the technique in Honduras in 2011.
Attached File  rudy.jpg   206.62KB   0 downloads

#56 Casper

Casper
  • NANFA Fellow
  • Chattanooga, TN alongside South Chickamauga Creek, just upstream of the mighty Tennessee River.

Posted 02 July 2015 - 10:32 AM

Okay for Oklahoma T-Shirts...

I received the test print shirts last Friday and am quite pleased.  I showed them to the South Chick Seine Gang at the weekend picnic along with Bryce at the Hiwassee with everyone's approval.  The color is intense and will not fade as it fuses with the shirt material.  They are 100% poly, light weight, dries near instantly and are athlete's 1st pick for material.  I have always chosed natural cotton in the past so this material is new to me and am assured it is ideal.  Another bonus is they are stain resistant as opposed to cotton and cool to the skin.

You can order them from NANFA's website.  They are the same price as in past conventions.  $20. per shirt plus $5. for shipping no matter the quanity ordered, so order mass quantities.  The printer is NANFA member Dennis Bruso's East Coast Printers and he will receive your order from Tom Watson and UPS them directly from his plant in Vermont.  I am going to send Dennis my remaining OK decals and have him include one with each shirt until they run out.

http://www.nanfa.org...t.shtml#OKshirt

Attached File  20-MikeOK.JPG   131.07KB   0 downloads

We will only offer these Oklahoma shirts for a few months as Dennis prints them to size and order, so order yours soon.

Casper Cox
Chattanooga, near the TN Divide on BlueFishRidge overlooking South Chickamauga Creek.

#57 Casper

Casper
  • NANFA Fellow

Posted 14 July 2015 - 10:25 AM

I posted this alert 12 days ago regarding the NANFA OK shirts but only 4 folks have ordered shirts.

Casper Cox

#58 Matt DeLaVega

Matt DeLaVega
  • Forum Staff
  • Ohio

Posted 14 July 2015 - 02:16 PM

Oops busy got in the way. Do it now.

The member formerly known as Skipjack

#59 Matt DeLaVega

Matt DeLaVega
  • Forum Staff
  • Ohio

Posted 14 July 2015 - 02:22 PM

Two for us M and XL. Do not know how the sizes run, hopefully these are correct for Seth and I. The paypal will come in under Heathers maiden name. Tom is used to this. Thanks.

The member formerly known as Skipjack

#60 mattknepley

mattknepley
  • NANFA Member
  • Smack-dab between the Savannah and the Saluda.

Posted 14 July 2015 - 03:41 PM

After seeing the model in it, I don't feel sexy enough for that shirt! :P (I really wish my forum ghost would give me back my silly emoticons so I don't have to guess at the silly keyboard combos.)

Sorry Casper; I never saw the alert- till just now. They look great. Will be firing up paypal presently...
Matt Knepley
"No thanks, a third of a gopher would merely arouse my appetite..."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users