Photo

Unknown Minnow, Dace or Shiner, NC Mountains

7 replies to this topic

#1 taldridge0321

taldridge0321
  • NANFA Member
  • Pigeon Watershed, North Carolina

Posted 30 June 2016 - 02:53 PM

Thought I would keep this going since you guys are helping me out so much with the fish id's, thanks again fellows.

Here is what I caught in the mountains in the same stream I caught the suckers and redhorses in. The other fish I am pretty sure are Rosyside Dace's.

Thanks for any info guys.

Tim Aldridge

Attached Images

• IMG_3184.JPG
  • IMG_3185.JPG
  • IMG_3187.JPG
  • IMG_3189.JPG

#2 littlen

littlen
  • NANFA Member
  • Washington, D.C.

Posted 30 June 2016 - 03:13 PM

You have some Rosyside's in photos 3 & 4.  (The top 2 fish).  The bottom fish in both pics, as well as pics 1 & 2 is something different I believe.  Look at the size of the scales in that lone fish compared to the dace scales.  I am not sure what the other fish is.

Are you unable to load the pictures directly to the forum, rather than uploading a picture of a picture?  The originals might be a little easier for us to help determine what things are.

Nick L.

#3 Dustin

Dustin
  • Forum Staff

Posted 30 June 2016 - 03:15 PM

The other fish are fieryblack shiners.

Dustin Smith
At the convergence of the Broad, Saluda and Congaree
Lexington, SC

#4 taldridge0321

taldridge0321
  • NANFA Member

Posted 30 June 2016 - 03:16 PM

This better?

#5 taldridge0321

taldridge0321
  • NANFA Member

Posted 30 June 2016 - 03:18 PM

You have some Rosyside's in photos 3 & 4.  (The top 2 fish).  The bottom fish in both pics, as well as pics 1 & 2 is something different I believe.  Look at the size of the scales in that lone fish compared to the dace scales.  I am not sure what the other fish is.

Are you unable to load the pictures directly to the forum, rather than uploading a picture of a picture?  The originals might be a little easier for us to help determine what things are.

I was trying but it was saying the picture size was too big. Any ideas?

#6 littlen

littlen
  • NANFA Member
  • Washington, D.C.

Posted 30 June 2016 - 03:38 PM

There are online 'reducers' for lack of a better term that can lower the image resolution.   Just google "image resizer" and it is pretty straight forward.  Otherwise, if you have an online photo storage website--like photobucket or similar, you can load them there, and link it to your posts.  That way you can leave the images at full resolution.

Nick L.

#7 littlen

littlen
  • NANFA Member
  • Washington, D.C.

Posted 30 June 2016 - 03:40 PM

The other fish are fieryblack shiners.

Awwwww man, those are awesome.  

taldridge, it looks like we're able to ID most of them--for now.  But it's still a good idea to reduce image resolution so you can post here/or link us to another website moving forward.  I'm sure you'll have additional ID questions in the future.

Nick L.

#8 taldridge0321

taldridge0321
  • NANFA Member

Posted 30 June 2016 - 03:41 PM

Sounds good, thanks guys, I will check that out. I have some more fish I can post tomorrow and try to reduce the pic size. Thanks again.

Tim

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users