NANFA CON18

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#61 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 15 February 2018 - 10:49 PM

Design work by my man Casper (he almost lives in Georgia). Bluehead chub by Lauren Porter.
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#62 mattknepley

mattknepley
  • NANFA Member
  • Smack-dab between the Savannah and the Saluda.

Posted 16 February 2018 - 06:43 AM

Very nice! Muh tax moolah better get here soon; want me one o' them stickers!

Great work Lauren, Casper, and Michael! The run of really well done t-shirts is set to continue.
Matt Knepley
"No thanks, a third of a gopher would merely arouse my appetite..."

#63 littlen

littlen
  • NANFA Member
  • Washington, D.C.

Posted 16 February 2018 - 07:41 AM

I second Matt's comments.  Very nice, folks.

Nick L.

#64 Josh Blaylock

Josh Blaylock
  • Board of Directors
  • Central Kentucky

Posted 16 February 2018 - 07:43 AM

I agree, very nice logo.  I updated our Facebook page and event with the logo.

Josh Blaylock - Central KY
NANFA on Facebook

KYCREEKS - KRWW - KWA

I hope to have God on my side, but I must have Kentucky.

- Abraham Lincoln, 1861

#65 mattknepley

mattknepley
  • NANFA Member
  • Smack-dab between the Savannah and the Saluda.

Posted 24 February 2018 - 06:56 PM

Registered! Very stoked!
Matt Knepley
"No thanks, a third of a gopher would merely arouse my appetite..."

#66 FirstChAoS

FirstChAoS
  • Regional Rep

Posted 25 February 2018 - 12:15 AM

I might end up skipping this one. I found another job in the summer but it is a temp job, pays poorly, no actual vacation time (though you can usually take unpaid time off ahead of time if you ask). 

#67 Casper

Casper
  • NANFA Fellow
  • Chattanooga, TN alongside South Chickamauga Creek, just upstream of the mighty Tennessee River.

Posted 26 February 2018 - 04:09 PM

Josh...

It would be good to see you again.

You really assisted making Michael and my snorkeling days much nicer by initially offering site suggestions that i was able to enhance with more research.  With the excellent weather and initial scouting we were able to share some of these sites with others.

I in all likelihood would have never visited the NE in my life otherwise without you and Lucas hosting the convention.

Casper Cox
Chattanooga, near the TN Divide on BlueFishRidge overlooking South Chickamauga Creek.

#68 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors

Posted 17 March 2018 - 11:17 AM

Update:

We have over 20 people registered so far (not sure if I mentioned it before, but there are going to be gift bags for the first 50 people registered).

We have also sold about that many shirts already.  Don't wait for the convention; get your shirt early and let people know about 2018 NANFACon.  I'm wearing mine today!

Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#69 harryknaub

harryknaub
  • NANFA Member

Posted 17 March 2018 - 11:50 AM

I already registered and I'm anxiously awaiting my shirt. I look forward to getting in some water. Too busy with the fish I already have get out and collect more. So, I'm making more room.

between the Waccamaw and the ocean

#70 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors

Posted 09 April 2018 - 10:33 PM

Countdown begins... less than 60 days left to go! If you have not registered, you need to get on it... have almost 40 people already registered with gifts going to the first 50 people signed up!

#71 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors

Posted 21 April 2018 - 09:25 AM

Wonder what is in this creek?  Come to the convention and find out.  This is a photo of the housing we will be staying in... if you are registered for the NANFA 2018 Convention!

Attached File  YHC Corn Creek picture2.jpg   154.57KB   34 downloads

#72 itsme

itsme
  • NANFA Member

Posted 24 April 2018 - 08:57 AM

I agree, very nice logo.  I updated our Facebook page and event with the logo.

Thanks, Josh!

#73 itsme

itsme
  • NANFA Member

Posted 24 April 2018 - 08:58 AM

Wonder what is in this creek?  Come to the convention and find out.  This is a photo of the housing we will be staying in... if you are registered for the NANFA 2018 Convention!

attachicon.gifYHC Corn Creek picture2.jpg

Wow!  We've never done CONDOS before!  :)

#74 Irate Mormon

Irate Mormon
  • NANFA Member
  • Crooked Creek, Mississippi

Posted 05 May 2018 - 04:07 PM

Well, the last piece fell into place so I am at last able to commit.  Registered now, Yay!

-The member currently known as Irate Mormon

#75 gerald

gerald
  • Global Moderator
  • Wake Forest, North Carolina

Posted 06 May 2018 - 08:38 AM

I look foward to meeting to you at last!  Is your avatar portrait a recent shot?

Gerald Pottern
-----------------------
Hangin' on the Neuse
"Taxonomy is the diaper used to organize the mess of evolution into discrete packages" - M.Sandel

#76 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors

Posted 08 May 2018 - 09:20 PM

Make sure to check out new information on the Convention Web Page where you will find new information highlighted in a green font.  Tere are updates about licenses, things to bring for your room, a campus map, and a listing of our speakers.

#77 gerald

gerald
  • Global Moderator
  • Wake Forest, North Carolina

Posted 08 May 2018 - 10:17 PM

Thanks Michael.  Since the majority of streams in northern GA are designated trout streams -- off-limits for seining -- it would be useful for somebody (with free time) to pick out a list of non-trout streams in each of the different watersheds where we could seine.  The trout stream map app shows solid dark blue (trout streams), dashed dark blue (non-trout) and thin light blue streams - I assume the latter are also non-trout, and can be seined?

https://gadnrwrd.map...ccd7264124fe5fd ]

Gerald Pottern
-----------------------
Hangin' on the Neuse
"Taxonomy is the diaper used to organize the mess of evolution into discrete packages" - M.Sandel

#78 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors

Posted 16 May 2018 - 08:45 PM

70 folks registered from 19 different states plus Canada

#79 Josh Blaylock

Josh Blaylock
  • Board of Directors
  • Central Kentucky

Posted 17 May 2018 - 11:25 AM

Make sure to check out new information on the Convention Web Page where you will find new information highlighted in a green font.  Tere are updates about licenses, things to bring for your room, a campus map, and a listing of our speakers.

In lieu of all the bedding, would a sleeping bag be better?  Perhaps note that on the list.

Josh Blaylock - Central KY
NANFA on Facebook

KYCREEKS - KRWW - KWA

I hope to have God on my side, but I must have Kentucky.

- Abraham Lincoln, 1861

#80 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors

Posted 17 May 2018 - 02:08 PM

Totally agree. Thats my plan!

Im gonna send an email to all registered participants reminding them of a few things. Sleeping bags and fishin license (should be a country song... one of yall get on that) are at the top of the list.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users