Sunfish in a 30 gallon

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_MomentaryLapseOfReason_*

Guest_MomentaryLapseOfReason_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2007 - 05:29 PM

Would it be possible to keep 1 or 2 fully grown sunfish along with a few shiners in a 30 gallon aquarium? What are the food/filtration requirements for this species? How about aggression? and what would be my options of sunfish native to Ontario, Canada.

Thank you,
MomentaryLapseOfReason

#2 Guest_drewish_*

Guest_drewish_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2007 - 08:42 PM

Have you read any of the other sunfish threads? This has been discussed at least once.

#3 Guest_smbass_*

Guest_smbass_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2007 - 10:09 PM

You may be able to keep 1 or 2 and some larger shiners/minnows depending on species. As far as sunfish native to Ontario your options are limited, pumpkinseed, green sunfish, bluegill, Rock Bass, and maybe orangespotted sunfish in some Lake Erie tributaries but I think they are considered a species of concern there. I think your easiest options will be the first 3.

#4 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2007 - 11:16 PM

They will all fight, and die.

#5 Guest_killier_*

Guest_killier_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2007 - 03:10 PM

They will all fight, and die.

thats just mean
I think a small pair of green sunfish would do fine in 30 gallon heck I have a BIG pair in my 55 sunfish tank with a snail bullhead

#6 Guest_cmj15_*

Guest_cmj15_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2007 - 05:04 PM

a pair of green sunfish would do fine in a 30, i have five 3" greens in a 20 long

#7 Guest_drewish_*

Guest_drewish_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2007 - 06:29 PM

a pair of green sunfish would do fine in a 30, i have five 3" greens in a 20 long

Your tank is stocked heavily which will minimize the issues people have with green sunfish.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users