Photo

Central Mudminnows Eating Worms

3 replies to this topic

#1 Pike

Pike
  • NANFA Member
  • New Hampshire

Posted 27 June 2023 - 10:39 PM

This is a video I made recently of some larger breeding and medium-sized Central Mudminnows eating earthworms.  It is a youtube link as I’m not sure how to embed.  I put this together hastily so I apologize for the quality.  I will put together a better video hopefully from the surface and also try recording underwater video of them eating during the daytime.  This one I recorded using a flashlight at night.  They feed like this day or night and I get to enjoy watching them.

https://www.youtube....g7blUXCZU&t=23s

Edited by Pike, 27 June 2023 - 10:44 PM.

#2 Chasmodes

Chasmodes
  • NANFA Member
  • Central Maryland

Posted 29 June 2023 - 07:49 AM

It is a youtube link as I’m not sure how to embed. 

All you have to do is paste the URL into the body of your post without using the link icon and it will embed automatically.

Great video, love it. 

Kevin Wilson

#3 Pike

Pike
  • NANFA Member
  • New Hampshire

Posted 29 June 2023 - 06:38 PM

All you have to do is paste the URL into the body of your post without using the link icon and it will embed automatically.

Great video, love it. 

Thank you!  I am having a lot of fun with this.  I tried breeding Channel catfish in captivity in containers.  I was not successful but I learned a lot about fish-keeping in the last 10+ years.  The Mudminnow are much easier!  Although, as I tell my wife, “I didn’t do anything as they’ve been breeding without my help for tens of millions of years.”

#4 Chasmodes

Chasmodes
  • NANFA Member
  • Central Maryland

Posted 30 June 2023 - 06:53 AM

Although, as I tell my wife, “I didn’t do anything as they’ve been breeding without my help for tens of millions of years.”

:lol:

Well, you put them in the right conditions! I think that I read that they can survive a complete freeze of the water. Fascinating fish for sure.

Kevin Wilson

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users