24 Foot Aquarium in Office

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_chad55_*

Guest_chad55_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2007 - 11:27 PM

No I plan on mine hitting the 13" mark. That is the MAX. Also...next time I catch a 3" sunnie or something I am just gunna throw it in with my pickerel. That would be really nice actually if he didn't eat it because I would like to keep something else in there for a while. Atleast for now until I feel like throwing it in the pond lol.

Chad

#22 Guest_teleost_*

Guest_teleost_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2007 - 07:55 AM

Don't grass pickerel usually top out at ~10 inches. They probably wouldn't get to be 12" if fed mostly pelleted food.

If you give my local Grass pickerel the room, they always hit the 12" size and usually a little bit larger in very wide tanks.

#23 Guest_nativecajun_*

Guest_nativecajun_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 June 2007 - 08:04 AM

Don't grass pickerel usually top out at ~10 inches. They probably wouldn't get to be 12" if fed mostly pelleted food.

The key word up there is caught. A twelve inch pickerel for me at least would be an exceptionally large pickerel if we are talking grass pickerel. I do not think one that was raised in a tank and grew up with larger sunfish would eat them nor attain the length of 12" . I could be wrong though. I was once. :smile:

#24 Guest_bullhead_*

Guest_bullhead_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 June 2007 - 11:25 AM

... I could be wrong though. I was once.

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

#25 Guest_nativecajun_*

Guest_nativecajun_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 June 2007 - 08:47 AM

I like my version better :wink:

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users