Trip For Late Sept Early Oct, South Ms?

51 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_hmt321_*

Guest_hmt321_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 August 2007 - 07:21 PM

I am going out of town for about 2 weeks and i will have no access to a computer.

so far the trip is set for Oct1 st,

my schedule is very flexible, i would like to accommodate as many people as possible.

I just did not want people to think that i had lost interest.

Ill check in in 10 days or so and see where we are.

#22 Guest_MScooter_*

Guest_MScooter_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2007 - 02:46 AM

I am in. Canoe at the ready. ROSS and I.Mormon says there is more to see Bogue Chitto way.
//no preference here\\
Any stream (there are lots) in that system also make a 2-3 hour difference for us northern AL,MS,AR,TN peoples.

hmt321
Is there a fish you are hoping for?

#23 Guest_hmt321_*

Guest_hmt321_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2007 - 04:48 PM

Tchoutacabouffa River

October 1st

here is what I propose as a game plan

HWY 15 runs into I-10, if you follow HWY 15 north, it crosses the Tchoutacabouffa, we can leave cars there, and pile in my truck to where the river crosses White plains Rd, we can leave my truck there and walk the river down stream to our cars, if we get back to HWY 15 soon enough we can move another car down river to Old Highway 15

Mapquest shows the Tchoutacabouffa and the roads, just follow Hwy 15 north from I-10

the upper half would be about 3 miles, the lower is about 2 i believe.

I think we should try and meet about 8:00 or 8:30 am, the intersection of I-10 and hwy 15, should have a gas station.

The roster as I believe it to be so far:

Me (Harry)
Irate
Dredcon
MScooter

and as a possible
wegl2001

I will send a copy of this to everyone via PM

If you all want to change the watershead, fine by me It has to be a day trip for me

thanks

#24 Guest_NativeLover_*

Guest_NativeLover_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 September 2007 - 01:41 PM

Umm, well, my fall break from school is set for early october. I think it's the first or second weekend. We get that thurs, fri, and weekend off. I may try to make my way down there once I know the date of my fall break. Though I will be coming all the way from Kentucky. I shall see.

Adam

#25 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 September 2007 - 11:57 PM

Umm, well, my fall break from school is set for early october. I think it's the first or second weekend. We get that thurs, fri, and weekend off. I may try to make my way down there once I know the date of my fall break. Though I will be coming all the way from Kentucky. I shall see.

Adam

Adam, if you can't make this particular get-together, let me know as I have a nice vacation window then.

#26 Guest_NativeLover_*

Guest_NativeLover_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2007 - 12:00 AM

Adam, if you can't make this particular get-together, let me know as I have a nice vacation window then.

Will do!

Adam

#27 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 September 2007 - 05:54 PM

The time is nigh, fellows!

#28 Guest_dredcon_*

Guest_dredcon_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 September 2007 - 06:46 PM

I just cleared my schedule for Monday and I may have Dr. Schaefer from University of Southern Mississippi talked into joining us. If we want to go to the same place as last time its Tuxachanie Creek @ HWY 15.

#29 Guest_Mysteryman_*

Guest_Mysteryman_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2007 - 09:17 AM

Well, my schedule freed up bigtime. I had to have gallbladder surgery, the hard way, and now I'm out of work until the 15th. Unfortunately I'm too sore and broke to go anywhere. *sigh* I just can't get a break.
Have fun you guys!

#30 Guest_hmt321_*

Guest_hmt321_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2007 - 12:18 PM

I had invisioned us embarking up stream from where we went last time, the drunk guys in the kayak had put over a few miles above where we saw them. but that place on 15 looked good.

I bought a small inflatable raft, to handle buckets and gear, i will fit the floor with a piece of scrap plywood to discourage tipping. I thing that I-10 and hwy 15 would be a good meeting place, lets say 8:00 am monday?

Irate will be down sunday, I may try and catch up with him so we can scout the area, i definatly will be working sat, but i hope to be able to take sun off.

is this the roster so far

Me (Harry)
Irate
Dredcon (plus one?)

Naturelover are u in?
how about u mscooter?
and wegl2001

Ill pm them tonight

#31 Guest_dredcon_*

Guest_dredcon_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2007 - 12:32 PM

I may have +2. I think the guys we ran into last time put in at white plains rd.

#32 Guest_MScooter_*

Guest_MScooter_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2007 - 02:01 PM

I am in +1. We will be in Brookhaven on sunday to break up the trip should anyone want to meet up then. Is there a landmark of some sort at I10 and Hwy 15 we should converge on?

#33 Guest_wegl2001_*

Guest_wegl2001_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2007 - 03:23 PM

I had invisioned us embarking up stream from where we went last time, the drunk guys in the kayak had put over a few miles above where we saw them. but that place on 15 looked good.

I bought a small inflatable raft, to handle buckets and gear, i will fit the floor with a piece of scrap plywood to discourage tipping. I thing that I-10 and hwy 15 would be a good meeting place, lets say 8:00 am monday?

Irate will be down sunday, I may try and catch up with him so we can scout the area, i definatly will be working sat, but i hope to be able to take sun off.

is this the roster so far

Me (Harry)
Irate
Dredcon (plus one?)

Naturelover are u in?
how about u mscooter?
and wegl2001

Ill pm them tonight

I should know for sure tomorrow.

#34 Guest_hmt321_*

Guest_hmt321_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2007 - 04:05 PM

ok cool, how about putting in at white plains road, we can leave the other cars at hwy 15 and the river, then we walk back down one way, or does it get deeper that far up?

well thats what the scouting trip is for.

I will pm everyone my cell.

I would think that there would be a gas station or something at the intersection of I-65 and hwy 15. we can meet there.

#35 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2007 - 04:27 PM

Well, my schedule freed up bigtime. I had to have gallbladder surgery, the hard way, and now I'm out of work until the 15th. Unfortunately I'm too sore and broke to go anywhere. *sigh* I just can't get a break.
Have fun you guys!

My wife had that done and it was no joke - laid her up for a week. I am hoping you can come anyway, just to lend moral support if nothing else. It's time I met you in person. Bring firearms!

#36 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2007 - 04:27 PM

I should know for sure tomorrow.

David, I'm gonna come looking for you if you don't make it...

#37 Guest_dredcon_*

Guest_dredcon_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2007 - 08:21 PM

The exit off from I 10 is the 110N/15N exit in D'Iberville. Maybe we can meet at the first gas station after the light on the right, if coming from I 10. I guess we will have to check the water level to see if it's wadeable.

#38 Guest_fundulus_*

Guest_fundulus_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2007 - 08:27 PM

Bring firearms!

Are you expecting trouble, or do you merely want to intimidate the fish and any stray gators?

#39 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2007 - 09:58 PM

Are you expecting trouble, or do you merely want to intimidate the fish and any stray gators?

You're not from Alabama originally, are ya Bruce? If you were then you would know that the firearms are for shooting up road signs from the back of the pickup whilst drinking beer. I don't know any fish people who are afraid of gators. "You're crazy, there's gators in there" is a refrain commonly spoken by our piscene-challenged brethren, and just as commonly scorned.

Besides, you have two southerners meeting for the first time. What else are they gonna talk about besides guns?

#40 Guest_fundulus_*

Guest_fundulus_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2007 - 11:24 PM

You're not from Alabama originally, are ya Bruce? If you were then you would know that the firearms are for shooting up road signs from the back of the pickup whilst drinking beer. I don't know any fish people who are afraid of gators. "You're crazy, there's gators in there" is a refrain commonly spoken by our piscene-challenged brethren, and just as commonly scorned.

Besides, you have two southerners meeting for the first time. What else are they gonna talk about besides guns?

No, not Alabama, a fusion of Mississippi and Maryland. But as you know that doesn't always mean snaggletoothed.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users