Setting Up A 10g

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Slappy_*

Guest_Slappy_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2007 - 10:14 PM

Thanks for the kind words. The plants were ordered from Aquabotanic.
Here's an updated pic after trimming the grass.

Attached File  100_2027.jpg   71.71KB   0 downloads

#22 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2007 - 08:10 PM

CO2? Do you have any algae problems? How much light and what kind?

#23 Guest_Slappy_*

Guest_Slappy_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2007 - 09:18 PM

CO2? Do you have any algae problems? How much light and what kind?

It's a low light/1.5wpg setup. Being a shallow 10g, 1.5wpg is probably closer to 2wpg on a larger, deeper tank.
Most of the plants are low light plants (crypts) but I dose with Flourish and Flourish Excel(no CO2). Algae isn't a problem in this tank and I doubt it ever will be unless I increased the lighting. The current lighting on this tank is 15W of 6500K super daylight NO fluorescent. I've had much success with low light systems in the past and just goes to show that you don't have to have a high tech setup to grow healthy plants. The crypts, java fern and anubias are all slow growers. The only thing I'll need to trim back once a week or so will be the laeliopsis (grass) and the dwarf hygro. The crypts will just need a pruning once in awhile to remove old or dying leaves.
The Bluespots have finally calmed down and are out exploring the tank now. They pretty much stayed in hiding the last few days. They are so tiny. lol :)
The Top minnows are still hiding in the upper/back corners in the tall plants trailing on the surface.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users