Nanfa Bumper Sticker

66 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2007 - 11:01 PM

Casper is very talented, and not many appreciate the work that goes into a "simple" graphic. It is an art, and one that serves him well. Or vice vesa. .

Anyway, a lot of blood, sweat, and tears went into the NANFA logo. I for one am proud to display it on my rear window.

#22 Guest_Casper Cox_*

Guest_Casper Cox_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 August 2007 - 01:48 PM

Sticker update...
I'm printing out a batch of NANFA logo stickers right now.
The decals measure 5" wide by 4.2" tall.
I will mail anyone who contributes to NANFA two of the Rainbow Darter versions and one of the Arkanasa Saddled Darter version.
The idea i developed with the logo is that a different native fish can be used over time. But the Official official logo features the Rainbow Darter. If i had the file it would be neat to incorporate Gerald's Mountain Red Bellied Dace onto another one.

as for comments or suggestions...

I will be printing T-shirts featuring the NANFA logo shortly. They will be as the quality ive done on the previous shirts, 2003-2006. Silkscreened Multicolor, dorsal and ventral. 100% cotton, probably ash grey.

Anyone with internet savy knows to type / search / google NANFA or North American Native Fishes Association. I dont see the need nor desire to clutter this logo with other elements.

Being this is volunteer work on my part i dont plan on printing any special sizes or on special material per request. It takes too much time to try to customize something for one particular individual. I want to keep this simple. Now if someone feels so inclined to pay for my time im willing to listen...
:)

PayPal? Well that means someone has to set that up. I'm trying to keep this simple.

so... in keeping it simple...

if you are so inclined to donate 5 bucks to NANFA's good work then send me a check made out to NANFA or wrap a 5 dollar bill up in paper ( for security ) and mail it to me...

Casper Cox
( NANFA TN Rep )
1200 Dodds Avenue
Chattanooga, TN
all monies less postage expense will be forwarded to NANFA.
I will then send you 3 of these NANFA decals for your car, cooler, 55 gallon aquaium, field book, front door, mail box, fishing buddy, wife's truck, jail cell......

#23 Guest_teleost_*

Guest_teleost_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2007 - 10:14 AM

Guys and gals,

This is an offer you must not pass up! I received my stickers fast and they're better than I expected (not to put you down Casper ;) ).

The sticker material itself seems to be of much higher quality than any bumper sticker I've ever seen and in my climate, I'd expect to last a bit longer than three years. They arrive professionally (borders cut and ready to install). Printing and color are great as well. I doubt you could buy such quality bumper apparel with ease. Thanks a million Casper and keep up the good work!

Mail your donations off to Casper before he changes his mind!

Oh, I'm saving one for a jail cell because you never know what the future holds.

#24 Guest_killier_*

Guest_killier_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2007 - 02:47 PM

I got mine in yesterday best 5 dollars I ever spent
well besides those killies at the bait store in ........ :D

Robert

#25 Guest_natureman187_*

Guest_natureman187_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2007 - 05:54 PM

I got mine today - very impressed with them as well.
Casper's got my big thumbs up :-D

#26 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2007 - 06:02 PM

I got mine today - very impressed with them as well.

These stickers are a great way to advertise your NANFA membership, natureman!

#27 Guest_natureman187_*

Guest_natureman187_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2007 - 06:19 PM

I joined again last week, thanks.

#28 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2007 - 10:48 PM

Yeah, I was pretty sure I saw your name on the list of recent signups!

When people ask me about my sticker I pull out my conveniently accessible Peterson's guide and try to get them to join NANFA. I can't recall any time in our history when we have ever had more than 500 members, but with this forum attracting so many new native hobbyists it is a real possibility this year.

Now, if we had 1000+ members - well, that's a lot of conservation we could fund. We are doing very well with what little we have, but when I think of clubs like the AKA with over $100K in the bank that they don't know what to do with, I can't help but think of what NANFA could do. We have discussed buying land (fish habitat) etc., but that just isn't realistic on our budget. There ARE clubs with the financial wherewithal to do just that. It seems like every podunk town has a garden club with more disposable money than NANFA, which is an international organization. Hell, the Harpoon user's forum (that's a game for hardcore naval sim enthusiasts) has over 3000 members - how is it that they have 5 times the membership of NANFA's forum, and I bet nobody here has even heard of Harpoon?

If I seem a little heavy-handed with this membership thing (as I have been told!), it's because I am very passionate about it. I truly feel that we have reached a milestone and that the club, after 35 years of relative obscurity, is about to really take off. I am very excited about the times that lay ahead, and I want to drag as many forumites as I can, kicking and screaming, with me for the ride!

Just in the past few months I have seen several native enthusiasts from Mississippi pop up, when for the longest time it was just me and Jan Hoover. A lot of them are high-school age, which is really great. When I was in high school I did not have any kind of fish mentor - instead I read everything I could get my hands on. That's no substitute for learning from a real person. For as long as I can remember NANFA has been a group of 40-somethings, and now for the first time at a convention I am seeing younger folk (excluding Jan's disciples). A LOT of young folk. I'm really pumped up about it.

Uh, what was this thread about, anyway?

#29 Guest_Casper Cox_*

Guest_Casper Cox_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 September 2007 - 03:28 PM

Sticker Update.
I sent out another batch this week. I think we have raised nearly a hundred bucks for NANFA in this last month. Many folks sent 10 bucks in as opposed to just $5 and i sent them extra stickers as a Thankyou. Yesterday i sent personal checks along with my check ( for those who sent cash ) to NANFA's treasurer and received another request in yesterday's snail mail. I have a few more on hand of the Rainbow Darter version and fewer still of the Arkansas Darter version. Once these are gone im not gonna setup and print this job for another year or so.
Thanks to all that support NANFA's good works. NANFA is based upon the work of volunteers. How can you contribute?
This is not a forever offer and will expire when these remaining are spoken for.
If native fish are your hobby then you should support NANFA.
Casper

#30 Guest_fundulus_*

Guest_fundulus_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2007 - 05:15 PM

I put one of the rainbow darter NANFA decals on my truck. Here's a photo of the decal in action, in bright Alabama sunshine with a truck full of hay bales:
StickerOnTruck.jpg

#31 Guest_Casper Cox_*

Guest_Casper Cox_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 September 2007 - 09:10 AM

I put one of the rainbow darter NANFA decals on my truck. Here's a photo of the decal in action, in bright Alabama sunshine with a truck full of hay bales:
StickerOnTruck.jpg

President Bruce... is this truck your new Hurricane Creek access vehicle? Does it have big spring cushions in the back for folks that you wont let ride up front? I sure hope so as that was a torture session last year when i had to ride in the back for 8 miles of ruts, low limbs, mud holes, boulders and wasp attacks!
Now with you being our honorable president and all the public relation opportunities that present themselves i should have offered you 24" diameter logos on the doors and a wee bit smaller diameter on the tailgate. Drive it over to my Chattanooga studio and we will airbrush a myriad school of Tennessee Valley Native Fish silohettes all along the sides, or at the least all the fish of Hurricane Creek that we have been able to document.

The "Official" NANFA Presidential Streamside Access Vehicle.

Not quite the Popemobile but a good start.

We can also use it in parades such as the Moon Pie Festival coming up in BellBuckle later this month. Wow... thinking even further you can travel all over North America representing NANFA to regional town, country and city folk and maybe even appoint an official NANFA Ambassador to go in your place when your duties keep you from attending such noteworthy events as the Dayton Strawberry Festival, the Big Ridge Fire Burn Morel Camp or the Polk County Ramps and Bluegrass Dance and Eat-A-Thon.

In Service,
Your Honorable Tennessee Representive.

#32 Guest_fundulus_*

Guest_fundulus_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 September 2007 - 11:56 AM

Yeah, that's my new, improved field vehicle with high ground clearance, new load range C tires and air conditioning when desired. I can take four people in the cab, five if they crowd, and we try to arrange reasonable seating for anyone in the payload. Our new experience this year was having stinging caterpillars fall into the back. We identified them as white funnel moth caterpillars. Pretty, but nasty.

Maybe we should join parades; I think you know all the good ones. Ruth would love to go to the Moon Pie parade again!

#33 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2007 - 11:11 PM

What, no bullet holes in your truck?

#34 Guest_fundulus_*

Guest_fundulus_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2007 - 09:27 AM

I lead a charmed life. Do rock-torn tires count?

#35 Guest_tglassburner_*

Guest_tglassburner_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 October 2007 - 11:46 AM

These stickers are great!!! Theres a little dirt on the stickers, but I was out collecting yesterday, and well, I didn't have time to wash my truck(not that I ever wash it, I like dirty trucks)! Heres some pics of my stickers.

nanfastickers_009.jpg
nanfastickers_012.jpg
nanfastickers_003.jpg

Thanks Casper for such a great design.
Thanks Drewish for the original sticker offering.

Tom

#36 Guest_tglassburner_*

Guest_tglassburner_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 October 2007 - 09:34 AM

I have had several great comments about your sticker Casper! People think they are very nice, the guy that makes all my vinyl signs and business stuff says they are great quality.

Tom

#37 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 October 2007 - 04:22 PM

I have had several great comments about your sticker Casper! People think they are very nice, the guy that makes all my vinyl signs and business stuff says they are great quality.

Tom

Casper has made some signs for my wife's business - they are first rate.

#38 Guest_coolbeans_*

Guest_coolbeans_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2007 - 08:17 PM

casper, are the rainbow decals still available? and do you airbrush too?

#39 Guest_Casper Cox_*

Guest_Casper Cox_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 November 2007 - 11:59 AM

i have 2 arkansas and 1 rainbow left.
i use to airbrush a LOT but began to have respitory infections so quit and have not had any since.

#40 Guest_viridari_*

Guest_viridari_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 January 2008 - 04:41 PM

Casper,

NANFA is already set up to accept Paypal directly (which is a lot easier for those of us who live on the Internet, and likely puts less work on you, too)

Will you accept a Paypal receipt for a direct donation to NANFA as proof of contribution?

I'd like to put one of these on my car and one on each side of my canoe. :cool:

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users