Long-fin?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_fishlvr_*

Guest_fishlvr_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2007 - 09:34 PM

I collected a few juvie warmouth from my backyard, and after looking at them closer, I noticed one had longer fins than the rest. On all the other fish, the anal and dorsal fins end well before the base of the caudal fin, but in this one, the fins extend slightly beyond the base of the caudal. Do ya'll think this is a gene that could maybe be bred out to make long-fin warmouth, or just an unusual individual? I'm not really planning on making a long-fin warmouth, as I think it would inhibit the fish's hunting ability and take away the originality of natives.

#2 Guest_sandtiger_*

Guest_sandtiger_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2007 - 09:42 PM

I saw a picture of a longfin crappie once, I have it saved on my PC but cannot remember the source. I'm sure if someone wanted to they could do it with a warmouth.

#3 Guest_fishlvr_*

Guest_fishlvr_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2007 - 09:50 PM

I saw a picture of a longfin crappie once, I have it saved on my PC but cannot remember the source. I'm sure if someone wanted to they could do it with a warmouth.

I was just wondering because the fish is beautiful as it is, especially with the slightly longer fins.I don't think I would like a REALLY long finned fish as much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users