Cabellas Native Tanks

3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Mike_*

Guest_Mike_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 November 2007 - 04:42 AM

The Cabellas store in North West Indiana has three tanks one has trout, The other two have a wide verity of native fish in them. But there are two oddly colored pike in one tank. They have black spots, and look like Amur Pike. They might just be Tiger Musky, but I never seen a Tiger Musky like these.
It just seems to unlikly that they would have Amur Pike. I will go back for another look, & hopefully a photo.

Mike

#2 Guest_Gambusia_*

Guest_Gambusia_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2007 - 03:25 PM

Might be tiger muskys but most tigers are barred.

The Cabelas in Wheeling, WV has some very nice aquariums with Ohio River fish.

#3 Guest_edbihary_*

Guest_edbihary_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2007 - 04:51 PM

The Cabelas in Wheeling, WV has some very nice aquariums with Ohio River fish.

I believe they have two 10,000 gallon tanks and one 40,000 gallon tank. There is a nice assortment of natives in all of them, including the West Virginia state record sauger. Those tanks are so cool, it's extremely difficult to walk away. There's also an artificial trout stream (the stream is artificial, flowing across the floor of the store; the trout are real). It was certainly worth the 1.25-hour drive from the east suburbs of Pittsburgh to see that. Plus, I came home with waders. I highly recommend a trip to this store if it is reasonably close to you.

#4 Guest_andyavram_*

Guest_andyavram_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2007 - 01:23 PM

I was at the WV store a couple weeks ago and one of their large Flathead Catfish (some of the fish are really to different in size to keep together) was swimming around with just the head of a Channel Catfish hanging out. It hung out with the Channel just sitting their breathing for a few hours. I would estimate the Flathead at about 3' and the Channel at about 18" or more.

Andy

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users