Two more fish

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_sumthinsfishy_*

Guest_sumthinsfishy_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2007 - 07:49 PM

I didn't get the list to help me ID fish. That's why I need those books you showed me.

Those sites that show range maps and everything will be very useful in the future when I want a certain fish.

#22 Guest_Brooklamprey_*

Guest_Brooklamprey_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2007 - 08:06 PM

I didn't get the list to help me ID fish. That's why I need those books you showed me.

Those sites that show range maps and everything will be very useful in the future when I want a certain fish.

They are not only useful when you "want" a fish they are also useful to avoid collecting sensitive fish and also to narrow down where fish are distributed throughout the state to help you ID them when you get them.

You need to be more careful about how you are collecting and need to start getting to that next step up in doing so. You can not net sunfish and you need to know a creek chub and common shiner... If you can not get these down you really should stop collecting and re-evaluate what it is you are doing. You will see millions of these in your lifetime if you live in this area. I really highly suggest you read Michigans laws on taking fish and familiarize yourself with the regions fish before taking them.

This does not mean you can not go out and catch fish. Just don't take them if you do not know them and follow the laws of the state for those you wish to keep.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users