Great Adventure in Fall of 2008!

24 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Casper Cox_*

Guest_Casper Cox_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2008 - 06:17 PM

Adam, aka native lover...
I hope we didnt scare you off... we were just making suggestions. You plan it, post your itinerary and im sure several folks will rendevous with you for at least for various portions of it. You have a fun idea kinda laid out. Keep working on it. Heck i might show up for part of it and aquire dinner either by a dodging caravan or speargun.
:)
Casper

#22 Guest_Kanus_*

Guest_Kanus_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2008 - 12:07 PM

I may be interested in at least some of the trip. Depends on scheduling, but it could be a possibility.

#23 Guest_mette_*

Guest_mette_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2008 - 08:49 PM

Sounds like plenty of folks are interested in showing you around their neck of the woods, or tagging along for a short leg of the trip. So, one way to make a really long trip work would be to leave what you collect with the locals to ship back to you later. I myself would be happy to hold a few things for a few weeks.

#24 Guest_NativeLover_*

Guest_NativeLover_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2008 - 11:00 AM

If you're going to make a serious go of this trip, you'll want to pick up Freshwater Fishes of the Carolinas, Virginia, Maryland, & Delaware by Rohde, Arndt, Lindquist, & Parnell.

I bought this book and it was worth every bit of it! It is amazing. Got it for 3.75 on half.com Thanks for the suggestion.

I will let you all know about the trip the sooner it comes. I would love to have you all come with me in areas if you're interested.

#25 Guest_NativeLover_*

Guest_NativeLover_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2008 - 01:35 PM

For those of you who have forgotten about this post, it is still planned!

I'm taking 2 classes in July then I'm done with school for good! I'm moving home for 2-3 months afterwards until I can build up some finances. Then I'll finally have my own place. I called my prospective apartment complex and they OKed a 100 gal tank. So definately in the fall I will be doing some heavy collecting. I am planning on using an already cycled filter to get my tank cycled quickly.

So I wanted to see if others were still interested. I know some of you said you would tag along for some of the trip and I would be most greatful if you did. I can seine and dipnet but I want to see how a pro does it. :biggrin: I'm still planning on hitting VA, NC, SC and north Georgia. Uncertainties about my finances prevent me from setting an exact date, but I will set one as soon as I can. Anyone and everyone is welcome. I have trouble ID'ing so I know you knowledgable members can help me with that. I will pay for food for the trip to keep everyone fed, and some beer for the night to keep everyone content. I hope you all don't mind Keystone! I haven't actually traveled outside of my state for about 2 years so it would be an awesome vacation full of adventure. I will keep you all posted on what's going on.

Adam

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users