tank with no electric power.

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2008 - 09:04 PM

This has been very interesting. All this "free energy" stuff and government suppression thereof is a bunch of hokey smoke. I heard this guy on the radio who was all fired up about this water engine - you separate the hydrogen and ogygen out of water and burn it, and it turns back into water, and so on and so on. The catch, of course, is that it takes more energy to dissociate water molecules than you can get back by igniting it the resultant gasses. There is ALWAYS a catch. There is no such thing as a perpetual motion aquarium filter; I don't care who says otherwise. There has to be SOME energy input. It could be sunlight even, or thermodynamically driven, but it has to be something.

I have spoken, and as always that settles the matter!

#42 Guest_Newt_*

Guest_Newt_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2008 - 09:21 PM

This has been very interesting. All this "free energy" stuff and government suppression thereof is a bunch of hokey smoke. I heard this guy on the radio who was all fired up about this water engine - you separate the hydrogen and ogygen out of water and burn it, and it turns back into water, and so on and so on. The catch, of course, is that it takes more energy to dissociate water molecules than you can get back by igniting it the resultant gasses. There is ALWAYS a catch. There is no such thing as a perpetual motion aquarium filter; I don't care who says otherwise. There has to be SOME energy input. It could be sunlight even, or thermodynamically driven, but it has to be something.

I have spoken, and as always that settles the matter!

OK, here's my plan-

I'm going to build an aqueduct leading from a spring that's 100 feet higher in elevation than my house is- it'll run about six miles; I may have to do a little blasting or tunnelling to avoid losing head- the aqueduct'll come in through my wall and pour into my 10 gallon, filled with my precious Gambusia affinis. I'll cut a piece out of one side of of the tank so that the water overflows into a chute leading to the combined storm/sewer intake.

I'll never have to pay a cent to run those darn electric pumps again!

What do you think, Irate Mormon? I can't find any flaws in my plan.

#43 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2008 - 09:41 PM

I can't find any flaws in my plan.

Me neither. Gravity is a pretty good energy source!

My version of this would be somewhat more refined. I think I will apply for one of NANFA's grants so I can develop this idea further...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users