New Nanfa Members!

195 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_CATfishTONY_*

Guest_CATfishTONY_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2009 - 09:10 PM

Thanks for joining Tony! You can PM or email our membership coordinator Tom Watson (Onefish) through the forum. He can also be contacted off the forum via email.

no thank you teleost for the welcome to this forum.
Tom is above Par as I see it.
and drewish is the best @ his part.
this site is on the up and growing curve for sure!!!

#42 Guest_trizfish_*

Guest_trizfish_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 April 2009 - 10:40 PM

Hi I am also a recent new member. Found NANFA through the forums doing searches to identify some local native fish in our living room. Great site and I have learned very much from your members.
Thank You

#43 Guest_Uland_*

Guest_Uland_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2009 - 08:26 AM

Thanks for joining trizfish. How cool is it that you don't even have to leave your living room to find fish :laugh:
My jokes are awful.

#44 Guest_Jim_*

Guest_Jim_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2009 - 04:35 PM

Relatavely new member, Found the site by looking for Native fish info, and found this to be the Gold Standard of quality and accurate information. Decided to become a paying member, because a friend of mine who has been a long time member and earned my respect, thru his friendly and helpful nature, and endless knowledge, easily convinced me that the small membership fee, did great things in advancing the knowledge, and funded very worthwhile ventures. Hate to mention names but (Uland) You know who you are :tongue: . I would highly recommend this site, and have never regreted becoming a paying member.

#45 Guest_khudgins_*

Guest_khudgins_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2009 - 05:52 PM

Oh yeah, I paid some dues in Feb, I'm just a slacker for posting in these kinds of threads. ;P

#46 Guest_alberts11_*

Guest_alberts11_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2009 - 08:15 PM

I've been lurking for a while, but figured it's a good way to spend some cash. Also, it's nice to find out there are other people out there that care as much I do about these things!

#47 Guest_verra99_*

Guest_verra99_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2009 - 09:36 PM

I would love to join this forum. Nice to meet you here :biggrin:

simulationcredit

#48 Guest_BrownBullhead_*

Guest_BrownBullhead_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2009 - 12:41 AM

I am a new forum member from Manitoba, Canada, but most of my exposure to native fish was experienced at an early age in the creeks of Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

I do not keep native species at this time, just six aquariums of African cichlids and catfishes. I have kept natives as a child but I fared poorly; I think my apartment was much too warm for them. I was able to keep Brown Bullheads with much success though. :) The species I tried to keep were usually from Highland Creek, in Scarborough, Ontario, Canada. This is a fast-flowing trout, sucker and minnow-type stream.

Anyway, I just wanted to add my $0.02 to this thread now that the school year has finished and I have more time for forum participation. Now, it's just eight hours of work per day, instead of work *and* school. ;)

I posted some pictures in another thread of a "collecting trip" I made in 2007. I hope you guys have a chance to check out my pictures and enjoy them. See you on the forums!

#49 Guest_JEA_*

Guest_JEA_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2009 - 09:02 PM

Hello All

My name is Justin Alessi and I am 25 years old from Upsate NY. I have lived and grew up on Oneida Lake near Sylvan Beach, NY. I have been an avid fisherman my whole life. I have been in 4H and learned how to flycast and tie flies at a very young age. I have even entered fly tieing competitions. I love fish and fishing. When I was younger I was apart of the NYS re-introduction of the Atlantic Salmon into NYS waters. I have a great appreciation for fish and have recently aquired a 150GAL fishtank and have stocked it with native fish from my area. Currently I have Two brown bullhead, two blugill sunfish, one pumplinseed sunfish, two cutlip minnows, one largemouth bass, one fathead shiner, one common shiner, one spotfin shiner, and one yellow perch. All very healthy and doing very well. I have just recently added substrate to the bottom of the tank just before I had to leave for vacation while my brother takes care of the tank so I have not seen the end result yet but am very excited. It looked very very nice when I left. I got some native stone and small pebbles from near by. I just wanted to say hello to everyone here and thanks for having me. I will be able to get pictures of my tank up soon. If anyone is in the CNY area and would like to go fishing, watch fish, collect fish, trade fish etc please let me know. I have other small tanks in my home that I will begin to start trying to breed some of these NYS natives. Thanks everyone and talk with you some more soon!

-Justin Alessi
Clinton, NY

Oh and I wanted to note I signed up to be a member of NANFA today. I'm sure I will be recieving my welcome e-mail soon.

Edited by JEA, 30 July 2009 - 09:12 PM.

#50 Guest_BTDarters_*

Guest_BTDarters_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2009 - 12:02 AM

Thanks for joining trizfish. How cool is it that you don't even have to leave your living room to find fish :laugh:
My jokes are awful.

Well, Uland, if you didn't say it, I was going to :biggrin: ! We must have a similar sense of humor!

Welcome, trizfish!

Brian

#51 Guest_blackfish_*

Guest_blackfish_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2009 - 03:04 AM

hello eveyone :tongue:
I'm new

#52 Guest_keepnatives_*

Guest_keepnatives_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2009 - 06:48 AM

Welcome Justin. I'm to the east of you a couple hours in Schenectady and there are a few guys in your area as well. We will have to get together if this rain ever subsides.

#53 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 01 August 2009 - 04:21 PM

hello eveyone :tongue:
I'm new

Hello blackfish. Where is wuhan?
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#54 Guest_darthcard_*

Guest_darthcard_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2009 - 05:02 PM

I wanna thank nanfa. This site helped me find pickerel. Proud owner of 2 redfin pickerel.

I also have had fun reading posts and have picked up a few pointers.

#55 Guest_bullhead_*

Guest_bullhead_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2009 - 02:49 PM

I wanna thank nanfa. This site helped me find pickerel. Proud owner of 2 redfin pickerel.

I also have had fun reading posts and have picked up a few pointers.

Better watch out or one will eat the other!

#56 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2009 - 10:46 PM

Oh and I wanted to note I signed up to be a member of NANFA today. I'm sure I will be recieving my welcome e-mail soon.

Hmm, I joined back in the 90's and I'm still waiting for mine!

#57 Guest_Jan_*

Guest_Jan_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 August 2009 - 03:59 PM

Hello,

I'm joining your forum and Nanfa after a lapse of a while.
My stats are: I'm a Long Islander (NY), teacher, hike leader for Sierra Club, and Science illustrator, interested in natural history, especially things aquatic. I've got several tanks (more all the time!) most of which
are devoted to native fish at this point, as well as some herps. I have fish collected per nanfa ethics from local areas, upstate NY, Pennsylvania, and some ordered from
a Florida vendor.
I'm really interested in getting together with other native fish enthusiasts and exploring local metro area aquatic habitats. Unfortunately there does not seem to
be much of that kind of activity here on Long Island. So, if anyone wants to do a local field trip, get in touch.

#58 Guest_moxostoma_*

Guest_moxostoma_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2009 - 07:44 PM

Hello everyone! I've been an avid fisherman my whole life and in the past 5 years have really focused on "lifelist" angling. I enjoy reading about fish nearly as much as I enjoy catching them. Recently I am becoming more interested in smaller native fishes like minnows, madtoms, and darters.

I became a member and plan to participate in and learn from this forum and because I am fascinated by fish, especially our native ones. I'm also interested in volunteering with fish related projects and events, so anyone can feel free to message me if you have any opportunities in the west-central Wisconsin or southeast Minnesota area.

#59 Guest_smithcreekfishfarm_*

Guest_smithcreekfishfarm_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2009 - 02:49 PM

Hello everyone! I've been an avid fisherman my whole life and in the past 5 years have really focused on "lifelist" angling. I enjoy reading about fish nearly as much as I enjoy catching them. Recently I am becoming more interested in smaller native fishes like minnows, madtoms, and darters.

I became a member and plan to participate in and learn from this forum and because I am fascinated by fish, especially our native ones. I'm also interested in volunteering with fish related projects and events, so anyone can feel free to message me if you have any opportunities in the west-central Wisconsin or southeast Minnesota area.

Just wanted to introduce my self. My name is Todd and I opperate a fish hatchery in western ny. Before I did this I owned a pet shop for 13 years and have extensive knowledge about breeding and keeping many species. I also have built and designed a few RAC systems if any body needs advise. I sell a bunch of native species mostly for pond stocking but, lately have been getting a lot of calls for fish for aquariums. I am shut down for the season but will be expanding my native fish business next year. some of my favorite native fish are madtoms pumpkin seed sunfish and darters. For an idea of what I have on the farm check out www.smithcreekfishfarm.com .

#60 Guest_NYnativekeeper716_*

Guest_NYnativekeeper716_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2009 - 04:25 PM

Just wanted to introduce my self. My name is Todd and I opperate a fish hatchery in western ny. Before I did this I owned a pet shop for 13 years and have extensive knowledge about breeding and keeping many species. I also have built and designed a few RAC systems if any body needs advise. I sell a bunch of native species mostly for pond stocking but, lately have been getting a lot of calls for fish for aquariums. I am shut down for the season but will be expanding my native fish business next year. some of my favorite native fish are madtoms pumpkin seed sunfish and darters. For an idea of what I have on the farm check out www.smithcreekfishfarm.com .

Welcome!
Here's a couple pics of the fish I got from you today. They acclimated very well :)

Attached Images

• DSC00115.JPG
  • DSC00116.JPG
  • DSC00112.JPG
  • DSC00113.JPG

Edited by NYnativekeeper716, 30 October 2009 - 04:42 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users