Posted 23 January 2008 - 06:13 PM

FYI:

http://www.abebooks....t...&cm_la=want

#2 Guest_ashtonmj_*

Guest_ashtonmj_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2008 - 06:21 PM

114 bucks!!!!!!!!!

It's an amazing book...but it's become so out of date. A new one is so badly needed...at about $40.00

Someone can search for Trout Fly-fishing in America (Southard 1914) and make me an offer though... :mrgreen:

#3 Guest_sandtiger_*

Guest_sandtiger_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2008 - 06:28 PM

Darn, I thought this was about a new book. There are a couple darter books I would like to get my hands on but they are so expensive.

#4 Guest_Etheostoma_*

Guest_Etheostoma_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2008 - 10:52 PM

I bought this book a few years ago for something like 15 bucks. It had been sitting on a shelf in a local aquarium store for years and the binding isn't the best, but I'd say it was money well spent considering what it goes for today. I'll agree with ashtonmj, it's a great book but not very up to date.

#5 Guest_fundulus_*

Guest_fundulus_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2008 - 11:33 PM

114 bucks!!!!!!!!!

It's an amazing book...but it's become so out of date. A new one is so badly needed...at about $40.00

Someone can search for Trout Fly-fishing in America (Southard 1914) and make me an offer though... :mrgreen:

You can still find Trout Fishing In America by Richard Brautigan for cheap...

#6 Guest_itsme_*

Guest_itsme_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 January 2008 - 02:49 AM

Darn, I thought this was about a new book. There are a couple darter books I would like to get my hands on but they are so expensive.

We have copies of The American Darters by Robert A. Kuehne and Roger W. Barbour if that's one you would like: http://jonahsaquariu...hSite/books.htm

#7 Guest_bpkeck_*

Guest_bpkeck_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2008 - 11:44 AM

Both Kuehne & Barbour's The American Darters and Page's Handbook of Darters can be found on Abebooks or Addall.com for $30 occasionally, less frequently for the latter. Like many of the good titles you can find them cheap if you wait. You just have to check fairly frequently; I just got a copy of The Zoogeography of North American Freshwater Fishes by Hocutt & Wiley for $75, normally over $150.

#8 Guest_sandtiger_*

Guest_sandtiger_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2008 - 02:14 PM

Thanks for that info guys, I appreciate it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users