NANFA T-shirts

58 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_teleost_*

Guest_teleost_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2008 - 08:43 PM

All right Uland - looks like you have a mandate! Make it happen!

You could maybe do some "I hate Irate" or "I love Irate" shirts too! People could choose which one they want.

Martin, once all of the NANFA logo shirts are sold, I'll help you make any darn shirt you want. You kissing a gar, and gar kissing you while holding a beer, you name it :smile2:

#22 Guest_Brooklamprey_*

Guest_Brooklamprey_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2008 - 10:35 PM

You kissing a gar, and gar kissing you while holding a beer, you name it :smile2:

How did you know what I was doing last night ? and how did it turn into a shirt :unsure:

#23 Guest_octavio_*

Guest_octavio_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2008 - 12:19 AM

My shirts arrived today, I can't wait to sport it this weekend when I go to the LFS and Bass pro shop. Great art work Casper, they are awesome. :D/

Thank's Octavio

#24 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2008 - 01:05 AM

How did you know what I was doing last night ? and how did it turn into a shirt :unsure:

Oh no, Please don't let this T- shirt thing go too far. Uland, Richard, Please delete photos from the last gar trip. :twisted:

#25 Guest_BTDarters_*

Guest_BTDarters_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2008 - 02:08 AM

Got my shirts yesterday in the mail. They look great! Can't wait to wear them when we have our Southeastern Wisconsin Native Fish Club meetings. Thanks to all who were involved in making the shirts possible!

#26 Guest_pmk00001_*

Guest_pmk00001_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2008 - 05:56 AM

Got mine yesterday, thanks Casper!

Edited by pmk00001, 28 March 2008 - 05:56 AM.

#27 Guest_Brooklamprey_*

Guest_Brooklamprey_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2008 - 07:55 AM

Oh no, Please don't let this T- shirt thing go too far. Uland, Richard, Please delete photos from the last gar trip. :twisted:

LOL.... I think we need a good Asian Carp suck T-shirt... :biggrin:

#28 Guest_Casper Cox_*

Guest_Casper Cox_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2008 - 03:29 PM

3rd school of rainbow darter shirts went out today. Singles in envelops and pods in priority boxes.
Coming soon to a mailbox near you.
:)
Casper

#29 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 14 April 2008 - 10:01 PM

THE NEW FISH SHIRTS ARE HERE, THE NEW FISH SHIRTS ARE HERE!

(Picture Steve Martin in waders dancing in the street waving one of Casper's finest over his head)

I'm finally somebody...

3rd school of rainbow darter shirts went out today. Singles in envelops and pods in priority boxes.
Coming soon to a mailbox near you.
Casper

Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#30 Guest_schambers_*

Guest_schambers_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2008 - 10:04 PM

THE NEW FISH SHIRTS ARE HERE, THE NEW FISH SHIRTS ARE HERE!

(Picture Steve Martin in waders dancing in the street waving one of Casper's finest over his head)

I'm finally somebody...

Snort. :lol:

#31 Guest_Mysteryman_*

Guest_Mysteryman_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 April 2008 - 08:42 AM

I have an idea for some gear:

How about light windbreakers, navy blue in color, with big bright yellow letters across the back saying N A N F A ? They would look just like the ones worn by various official agencies.

Picture this if you will:

An ornery local person ( farmer, gamewarden, dope grower, etc...) approaches a bunch of strange guys he spots along a creek. He's looking for trouble, and about to try to cause some, but then he sees that these guys are all wearing matching windbreakers that look very suspiciously like they're being worn by some people with whom he suddenly doesn't want to cause any trouble anymore. The Nanfa guys have already won the argument through simple intimidation based on assumptive ignorance and mimicry. Plus it would just look cool.

#32 Guest_fundulus_*

Guest_fundulus_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 April 2008 - 09:14 AM

In my experience some people are more likely to shoot if they think you're law enforcement, especially if you wander into someone's cannabis plantation in the Tennessee hills (true story, not me though).

#33 Guest_nativeplanter_*

Guest_nativeplanter_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 April 2008 - 09:35 AM

I agree that as much as it would look cool, it might not be the safest thing to do. Or, it might actually cause trouble.

It's funny, I get the most friendly responses when I simply say that I'm with a club that likes to collect and enjoy our native fish (I emphase the small ones), and that we often try to teach people about our aquatic environments. I then go on to say that some of the club members do work for places like DEQ (or other as appropriate) and some are researchers at universities, but that many are ordinary folk who have a fascination with nature and it's stewardship. Then I show them a couple fish. I think a lot of people identify with the "ordinary folk having a fascination with nature", so there's an instant connection. One of those "you don't catch flies with vinegar" things.

#34 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 April 2008 - 06:38 PM

I just tell 'em I'm "ketchin' minners", and that pretty much satisfies them. I mean, that's just a natural thing for folks down here to do.

Hey that sounds like a good T-shirt slogan: "Ketchin' minners - what else?"

#35 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 19 April 2008 - 08:03 PM

I just tell 'em I'm "ketchin' minners", and that pretty much satisfies them. I mean, that's just a natural thing for folks down here to do.

I can see that one with an Alfred E Newman face on it...
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#36 Guest_NateTessler13_*

Guest_NateTessler13_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2008 - 01:22 PM

The "catchin' minnies" gets me out of long conversations with the one-toothed variety. I showed one a Variegate Darter one time, and the response was, "You found one of my Clown Minnies"...haha

#37 Guest_wegl2001_*

Guest_wegl2001_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2008 - 03:03 PM

Yeah, the question I always get is "whutchewketchin?" and, yes, that is one word. Usually spoken around a wad of chewing tobacco. :grin:

#38 Guest_nativeplanter_*

Guest_nativeplanter_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2008 - 03:08 PM

The "catchin' minnies" gets me out of long conversations with the one-toothed variety. I showed one a Variegate Darter one time, and the response was, "You found one of my Clown Minnies"...haha

Long conversations with the one-toothed variety can actually be really cool. A friend I met while living in GA was my neighbor's Tennessee hillbilly dad, complete with no teeth, big gut, suspenders, wooly beard, and a fabulous personality. We spent many a night catfishing in the North Oconee River.

#39 Guest_Casper Cox_*

Guest_Casper Cox_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2008 - 11:33 AM

4th batch of shirts going out today!
Thanks for all the nice notes and compliments.

Casper

#40 Guest_fundulus_*

Guest_fundulus_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2008 - 11:54 AM

A touring group of fish collectors (no lie!) from CT & CA were in north 'bama this week, I predict that several of them will soon order shirts; they better, especially after I told them where to collect rainbow darters...

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users