With the goal of keeping some grass/redfin pickerel this summer, I'm trying to get set up with raising some kind of feeder fish. I've been trying gambusia with absolutely no success for quite a few months now -- see my thread at http://forum.nanfa.o...?showtopic=4229.
Other frequently-used species I've considered are:
- feeder guppies (livebearers)
- fathead minnows / rosy reds (egg layers)
- Limia perugiae (livebearers) http://fishbase.org/...ry.php?ID=27711
- Common goodeid, Ilyodon furcidens (livebearers) http://www.aquarticl..._furcidens.html, http://www.aquarticl..._furcidens.html
- zebrafish / zebra danio (egg layers) http://www.neuro.uor...u/k12/FAQs.html
- white cloud mountain minnow, Tanichthys albonubes (egg layers) http://www.aquarticl...whitecloud.html
Can folks share their experience with these, especially the less common ones? There was some discussion of this topic on another thread earlier this year: http://forum.nanfa.o...?showtopic=3488. However, there weren't many details shared about these less common species. Other species not listed here that I should consider?
Thanks in advance for any help.
Edited by jase, 22 March 2008 - 10:20 AM.