Lots of carp

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
44 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_Newt_*

Guest_Newt_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2008 - 02:17 PM

What's to understand? Some folks like some things, other folks dislike the same things. No great mystery there.

I like carp just fine, I just wish they weren't here disrupting our ecosystems. Same for all the other invasives; it's not as though they are malicious. You can't blame them for being here- we brought them here or created the conditions for them to establish themselves.

#42 Guest_butch_*

Guest_butch_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2008 - 02:26 PM

i still dont understand how they like them

They were once as food fish years ago and even present day we still eat them (smoked ones). They can found in all 50 states even in Alaska. They are good target for bowfisherman and are excellent sportfish. You can't do anything about these carp, its impossible to get rid of ALL of the common carp.

#43 Guest_redfinpickerel_*

Guest_redfinpickerel_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2008 - 03:22 PM

it seems like it would be to cold for carp in alaska,normally they live in warm water

#44 Guest_butch_*

Guest_butch_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2008 - 03:34 PM

it seems like it would be to cold for carp in alaska,normally they live in warm water

Yes its true that carp pefer to live in warm water but remember they are adaptable fish and much hardy to any water types. Theres confirmed report that someone caught a koi carp in Alaskan waters but fail to build up their population in Alaska.

#45 Guest_redfinpickerel_*

Guest_redfinpickerel_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2008 - 04:35 PM

im srry about saying bad things about carp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users