Dinner time!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_JohnO_*

Guest_JohnO_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2008 - 07:18 AM

My new residents have been slow eaters so far with freeze dried tubifex and bloodworms, just sort of picking at them. Yesterday, I tried frozen bloodworms. They were a big hit with the darters. Wolfed them down, and begged for more.

This morning I turned on the light, and they came running, or should I say hopping? Give us more! I had forgotten what personality darters exhibited. Delightful little fellows.

I noticed one unidentified fellow seems to have changed colors a bit. Tan body with a dark head, I'll try to get a photo of him.

#2 Guest_mikez_*

Guest_mikez_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2008 - 09:50 AM

Keeping darters has led me to the conclusion that frozen bloodworms are the best store bought fish food there is.
If I ever go back to keeping tropicals, I know I would do much better with some of the more troublesome breeders if I used frozen blood worms.
It wasn't until I started using frozen bloodworms for darters that I discovered what a good grow out and conditioning food they are for all fish. Closest thing to live food for nutrition but much more convenient.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users