Perch easy or hard to get on pellets?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_catfish_hunter_*

Guest_catfish_hunter_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 April 2008 - 06:01 PM

In my first native pond, I just fed live so I didn't have any problems with feeding, but I was wondering if perch are easy or hard to get on pellets, and how to do this. Also, what do your perch prefer(ed) as food?

Edited by catfish_hunter, 17 April 2008 - 06:02 PM.

#2 Guest_sumthinsfishy_*

Guest_sumthinsfishy_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 April 2008 - 07:30 PM

In my first native pond, I just fed live so I didn't have any problems with feeding, but I was wondering if perch are easy or hard to get on pellets, and how to do this. Also, what do your perch prefer(ed) as food?

In my experiences with perch, after about a week, they will eat anything that passes in front of them. For food, I would recommend sinking carnivore pellets, maybe sinking cichlid pellets. After they get confident enough, they may come to the surface to feed, but I wouldn't count on it. I got mine to eat flakes after a few weeks.
How big will the perch be?

#3 Guest_catfish_hunter_*

Guest_catfish_hunter_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 April 2008 - 11:55 PM

Anywhere from 2-8 inches. Easier when smaller or bigger? I'm going to try and make sure he is bigger than the other fish planned for this tank so he won't be mauled, intimidated, or killed. (Bullhead, green sunfish, pumpkinseed, and bluegill will be the other residents)

#4 Guest_sumthinsfishy_*

Guest_sumthinsfishy_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 April 2008 - 09:08 PM

Make sure they can't eat the other fish.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users