Mixing

3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_mudkipzXIV_*

Guest_mudkipzXIV_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2008 - 01:06 AM

Is it possible for a bullhead (lets say yellow and brown, or any combination) to interbreed?

and i've heard that channels and flatheads will interbreed, is this true? and what do the offspring look like?

#2 Guest_Newt_*

Guest_Newt_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2008 - 07:15 AM

I've never heard of channels and flatheads hybridizing, but channels and blues certainly do. The hybrids look just like you'd expect a mixture of those two species to look. I'm not sure about the bullheads.

#3 Guest_BullHeadsrdfish_*

Guest_BullHeadsrdfish_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2008 - 10:20 AM

Black and Brown Bullheads will hybridize, I have not heard too much about the Yellows but I would assume that they did also atleast some.
In certain instances Channels and Flatheads will hybridize but I definetly think it is the exception to the rule and not the norm. I have not seen any offspring of a Channel/Flathead hybrid so I do know what they would look like.

#4 Guest_mudkipzXIV_*

Guest_mudkipzXIV_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2008 - 02:57 AM

Ah, i've heard of the blue/channel mix, but i've never seen them.

well thats interesting about the blacks and browns, do they have any different colorings then the parents?

but hopefully someone has a picture of a channel/flathead hybrid, its something i've been wondering about for a while :?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users