New OH-MI-PA-KY-WV Area Alliance

64 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2006 - 09:09 PM

I would think twice about challenging Dredcon. A wise man once said, "Don't get in a word fight with somebody who buys ink by the barrel". AFIK Dred spends his every waking moment pulling fish out of the water.

I know that Dred is a worthy adversary. That is what will make it fun when I crush him!

#42 Guest_dredcon_*

Guest_dredcon_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2006 - 09:12 PM

Bring it.

#43 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2006 - 09:21 PM

Bring it.

Sounds overly confident to me! Sean, you don't know what you are messing with!

#44 Guest_dredcon_*

Guest_dredcon_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2006 - 09:24 PM

hehe, You have no idea....

#45 Guest_edbihary_*

Guest_edbihary_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2006 - 09:32 PM

Actually I was out of town killing trout in NC.

You were in Catfish Alliance territory? Oh no, Benedict Arnold!

Mentor? Wrong guy, I am simple white trash with a pesky fish problem. :lol:

Okay, fine, I get it. I was just trying to show you some respect for showing me the ropes. But if you don't want any respect, Rodney Dangerfield, ...

I fully suggest a large alliance with Ohio as the epicenter. From what I know of the other regional guys, they are not afraid to travel to ANY obscure ditch.

Right, that's the idea. Show me the ditch :!:

Wolfie8000 has problems with the 9th but not the 16th. Either date is okay for me, as long as we don't get an unusually early snowstorm. I don't mind if there's snow on the ground, but driving I-70 during a snowstorm isn't my idea of fun. I would like Wolfie8000 to be able to attend. However, someone else may be able to make the 9th but not the 16th. How about some feedback on this from the group, please.

#46 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2006 - 09:34 PM

I would also like wolfie to attend. I am flexible.

#47 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2006 - 09:55 PM

I shall crush you!

Attached Images

• skipjack.jpg
  • dredcon.jpg

#48 Guest_smbass_*

Guest_smbass_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2006 - 12:46 AM

As far as the upcomming event I could make it the 9th or 10th without trouble the 16th can't happen the 17th i supose I could it will just be a crazy weekend and cost me an arm and a leg in gas. BG to canton back to bg then south of columbus but i'll do it if the 17th is the best day for all. I'll likely bring this tessler guy allong too as I suppose I am the reason he went home to chicago last summer and did more collecting than I managed this past summer. There likely could be a couple more northern ohioins that so far have not signed up on here that I could drag along. One of them some of you who were at the convention may know as the guy who was running around the island in the mississippi in his boxers and a hardhat he found on the island. I still think he looked like one of the village people.

#49 Guest_edbihary_*

Guest_edbihary_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2006 - 01:19 AM

One of them some of you who were at the convention may know as the guy who was running around the island in the mississippi in his boxers and a hardhat he found on the island. I still think he looked like one of the village people.

I can't wait to hear that story told around a campfire (or around a seine)!

#50 Guest_wolfie8000_*

Guest_wolfie8000_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2006 - 08:21 AM

On the way to work today it hit me that the 16th and 17th are the extra two days they added to deer gun season and I was thinking I could be sitting in the woods all day or wading thru water all day. But after I get to work my boss tells me that someone is taking vacation on the 17th and I have to work :evil: :evil: :evil: . I hate being the youngest guy in our group. Anyway don't plan the day around me, you guys are the serious samplers. But I still would like to go and the only day I have free now would be the 16th and I would have to talk the wife into that one :shock: . If anybody has some help on that matter I could surely use it.

#51 Guest_wolfie8000_*

Guest_wolfie8000_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2006 - 08:22 AM

I shall crush you!

Dam, you guys are going to scare everybody away. :lol: :lol:

#52 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 November 2006 - 06:28 PM

Okay, lets work this out. Looks like smbass will only be available the 9th and 10th. I am a go for either or both days. It shall be in central, or south central Ohio. Who plans on attending? Wolfie, time to take a personal day. Anyone driving a great distance is welcome to crash at my place, within reason. I cannot house more than two or three smelly fish freaks. If people want to go for two days, and would prefer to camp, I am also game! The time is now, so sign up, smbass and I shall will work out the details, but either way we will only be looking at a 50 mile difference in locations. We will find some good fish, I personally guarantee that. So lets start the dialogue.

#53 Guest_edbihary_*

Guest_edbihary_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 November 2006 - 06:44 PM

I would prefer the 9th, given the choice, but I don't have a problem making the 10th if that is better for others. If it's the entire weekend, and it's not an imposition on that sweet wife of yours, Matt, I would request one of the spots in the guest room (thanks). Don't worry, unlike some of these other guys, I use deodorant (I even brush my teeth). I just need to know soon so I can either make sure my wife is not working or that the kids can stay at my parents house.

#54 Guest_Brooklamprey_*

Guest_Brooklamprey_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 November 2006 - 08:08 PM

Okay, lets work this out. Looks like smbass will only be available the 9th and 10th. I am a go for either or both days. It shall be in central, or south central Ohio. Who plans on attending? Wolfie, time to take a personal day. Anyone driving a great distance is welcome to crash at my place, within reason. I cannot house more than two or three smelly fish freaks. If people want to go for two days, and would prefer to camp, I am also game! The time is now, so sign up, smbass and I shall will work out the details, but either way we will only be looking at a 50 mile difference in locations. We will find some good fish, I personally guarantee that. So lets start the dialogue.

There is a chance I can make it out on the 9th or 10th.
I'll let you know which would be better tomorrow as I do not have my day planner in front of me. (I hate having a "Day planner" :x )

#55 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 November 2006 - 09:41 PM

DAY PLANNER? You better make it! I am saving a spot in the house for you, and mrs. Lamprey, if she comes. You have fish to pick up here. Bowfin, and SRBD. If you can't make it though, I will be with you on the detroit soon enough!

#56 Guest_edbihary_*

Guest_edbihary_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 November 2006 - 02:58 AM

If you can't make it though, I will be with you on the detroit soon enough!

That is certainly true for me also, but I am really looking forward to meeting you. Please be present for the inaugural Great Lakes Allance outing, Brooklamprey!

#57 Guest_wolfie8000_*

Guest_wolfie8000_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 November 2006 - 06:11 PM

The 9th is a no go for me, maybe next time. I guess I will be sitting in the woods all day on the 16th :D .

#58 Guest_NateTessler13_*

Guest_NateTessler13_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 November 2006 - 07:46 PM

I am down for the Great Lakes Alliance - I am from Northern Illinois but live in Northern Ohio now...Illinois is much sweeter than Ohio by the way. It seems I am in for the trip too, seeing as smbass already said he was gonna bring me. Hey Brian, I'll try to convince one of my buddies from back home to come on the trip too.

#59 Guest_Brooklamprey_*

Guest_Brooklamprey_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 November 2006 - 08:06 PM

DAY PLANNER? You better make it! I am saving a spot in the house for you, and mrs. Lamprey, if she comes. You have fish to pick up here. Bowfin, and SRBD. If you can't make it though, I will be with you on the detroit soon enough!

It looks good for the 9th as far as my Day planner says........I have the 8th and 9th off so should be able to make it out that day. Matt I'll likely come over on the 8th if thats cool with you.

#60 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 November 2006 - 10:06 PM

It looks good for the 9th as far as my Day planner says........I have the 8th and 9th off so should be able to make it out that day. Matt I'll likely come over on the 8th if thats cool with you.

Come on! Get with me for directions. And leave that day planner in Detroit!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users