New OH-MI-PA-KY-WV Area Alliance

64 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_edbihary_*

Guest_edbihary_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2006 - 12:00 AM

Matt, my mentor, I thought you had abandoned your apprentice! (Actually, I thought you must have been out of town. You have been quiet since Wednesday.) I am glad you and Brooklamprey chimed in to reinvigorate me with hope, faith, and determination!

Are you and Brooklamprey suggesting a Great Lakes Alliance? That would mean inviting New York, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, and Minnesota. I would love to meet and work with those guys also, and western New York is within easy range of me, but by the time I drove to Minnesota the day would be over, no collecting to be done. But then again, everyone does not have to attend every trip, and there could be weekend-long (or longer?) trips.

On the other hand, each sub-region (Illinois-Indiana area, Ohio area [including Pennsylvania and Michigan], the New Yorkers, and Minnesota-Wisconsin who have yet to be heard from) could work together frequently due to geographic convenience, and the entire Great Lakes region could get together once or twice a year for a mega-trip. That way we could have multiple groups chipping away at the Catfish Alliance, and then pool our resources to really clobber them!

If it is agreed that there should be a Great Lakes Alliance, then our mascot should be a dead carp. Or maybe the Ohio area subgroup should have a dead carp mascot. We can have t-shirts printed up with that photo of the carp with the knife in it.

It sounds like Matt and Brian are hatching something for the first trip, so I vote to follow their lead. I suggest Saturday 12/9, with Saturday 12/16 as an alternate in case of bad weather on the ninth.

#22 Guest_teleost_*

Guest_teleost_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2006 - 09:58 AM

This is getting dangerously close to soccer hooliganism.

#23 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2006 - 10:59 AM

Anyway, I see your pledge has since been posted to a new thread. It reads as follows:
""

Ha, we have a pledge now! Or at least a rough draft, which is more than the feeble Great Lakes Alliance (which I see nobody has joined yet) can claim!

#24 Guest_edbihary_*

Guest_edbihary_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2006 - 12:28 PM

...Great Lakes Alliance (which I see nobody has joined yet)...

Catfish people must not be able to read! If you follow this thread to this point, besides myself we have smbass, wolfie8000, Brooklamprey, and Skipjack so far. I don't know about Southern math, but using Midwestern math that adds up to five, not zero.

#25 Guest_edbihary_*

Guest_edbihary_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2006 - 12:40 PM

Yes, I say we have a riot in the stadium.

You're in Great Lakes Alliance territory. Are you going to lead the Illinois-Indiana group into the Alliance? We'd like to see you throw your name in.

#26 Guest_teleost_*

Guest_teleost_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2006 - 12:49 PM

Yes, I say we have a riot in the stadium.

You're in Great Lakes Alliance territory. Are you going to lead the Illinois-Indiana group into the Alliance? We'd like to see you throw your name in.

Oh my goodness yes I'm in. I'll drive a pretty good distance to get in the water with folks. I'm not sure I'll call myself a leader yet but you can count me in for any reasonable trip within a hundred or so miles! Lets see where we find actives guys in this area and call them the leadership group. It seems I'm the only guy in all of the northern Illinois (Chicago area) that likes to get in the water. I'm really not a picky guy when it comes to seining partners.

#27 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2006 - 02:20 PM

using Midwestern math that adds up to five, not zero.

I did see where one or two people actually said they were joining, and then you drafted the others so it would look like you had some actual members! And just so you know, the CA has scheduled a trip for tomorrow (that's Tuesday) in central Mississipi, and we are having aquarium giveaways, beer drinking, and stuff. So whilst youse guys are trying to figure out how to start a club, we'll be on the stream collecting darters and putting them in our free tanks with our free power filters!

#28 Guest_Brooklamprey_*

Guest_Brooklamprey_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2006 - 05:32 PM

and then you drafted the others so it would look like you had some actual members!

Drafted ?.... Skip, Teleost and I are pretty much the founders of this idea !!!!! We have long been planning this for the Great lakes region. We do not need to figure out how to start something.... We already have started it. :)

The Pisctorial Illumanati do not normally discus our plans in the open, we just make them happen.

#29 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2006 - 05:34 PM

HaHa! Of course it is!

#30 Guest_teleost_*

Guest_teleost_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2006 - 05:44 PM

Pisctorial Illumanati

Shhhhhhh :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$

#31 Guest_wolfie8000_*

Guest_wolfie8000_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2006 - 06:34 PM

I know on the 9th and 10th I have to work :evil: but I might be able to make it on the 16th and 17th :? . What place is everybody thinking of meeting?

#32 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2006 - 06:51 PM

I will be there whenever, wherever. Looks like it will be in Ohio. Likely near Columbus, or near a small town called Bainbridge, located on route 50 between Hillsboro, and Chilocothe.

#33 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2006 - 08:42 PM

Matt, my mentor, I thought you had abandoned your apprentice! (Actually, I thought you must have been out of town. You have been quiet since Wednesday.) I am glad you and Brooklamprey chimed in to reinvigorate me with hope, faith, and determination!

Are you and Brooklamprey suggesting a Great Lakes Alliance? That would mean inviting New York, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, and Minnesota. I would love to meet and work with those guys also, and western New York is within easy range of me, but by the time I drove to Minnesota the day would be over, no collecting to be done. But then again, everyone does not have to attend every trip, and there could be weekend-long (or longer?) trips.

On the other hand, each sub-region (Illinois-Indiana area, Ohio area [including Pennsylvania and Michigan], the New Yorkers, and Minnesota-Wisconsin who have yet to be heard from) could work together frequently due to geographic convenience, and the entire Great Lakes region could get together once or twice a year for a mega-trip. That way we could have multiple groups chipping away at the Catfish Alliance, and then pool our resources to really clobber them!

If it is agreed that there should be a Great Lakes Alliance, then our mascot should be a dead carp. Or maybe the Ohio area subgroup should have a dead carp mascot. We can have t-shirts printed up with that photo of the carp with the knife in it.

It sounds like Matt and Brian are hatching something for the first trip, so I vote to follow their lead. I suggest Saturday 12/9, with Saturday 12/16 as an alternate in case of bad weather on the ninth.

Actually I was out of town killing trout in NC. Mentor? Wrong guy, I am simple white trash with a pesky fish problem. :lol:
I fully suggest a large alliance with Ohio as the epicenter. From what I know of the other regional guys, they are not afraid to travel to ANY obscure ditch.

#34 Guest_dredcon_*

Guest_dredcon_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2006 - 08:45 PM

damn yanks

#35 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2006 - 08:51 PM

damn yanks

Oh you just wait Dredcon! Wait till the fishgeek games. I will crush you in the grass carp toss! 20# grass carp! this ain't like a baseball! Sissy! I'm Pretty!

#36 Guest_dredcon_*

Guest_dredcon_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2006 - 08:55 PM

hehe, We shall see. I have tossed many a carp. The key a a good 2 finger eye socket hold.

#37 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2006 - 08:58 PM

I would think twice about challenging Dredcon. A wise man once said, "Don't get in a word fight with somebody who buys ink by the barrel". AFIK Dred spends his every waking moment pulling fish out of the water.

#38 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2006 - 08:58 PM

Oh, you are still using the eyesocket hold? Dated. Try the cloaca fling! Practice Practice!

#39 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2006 - 09:05 PM

Personally I don't prefer to insert my finger(s) into various animals' cloacas. Kind of makes me wonder...just what sort of guy ARE you, Skipjack?

#40 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2006 - 09:07 PM

Cloaca, eyesocket, what is the difference when it comes to carp! We will crush you!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users