Traveling biotope tank ideas

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_JMoore_*

Guest_JMoore_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2009 - 08:34 PM

Thanks for all of the good input guys. I'm sure I'll have (a lot) more questions as this project moves forward.

When it comes time to stock this aquarium, I'll be sending out a call to all you Georgia fish wranglers. :smile2:

#22 Guest_killier_*

Guest_killier_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2009 - 09:15 PM

Have to disagree with you here robert... I have always had shiner schools above my darters and they do very well... and the blackbadeds in aprticular get righ up in the water column with the shiners... heck, even my swamp darters have figured out how to perch on plants high up in the tank so that they can compete for food... come flying off of a leaf and "dart" righ into teh school of shiners...

That I have noticed about the 3 species of slack(swamp) water type darters I have(swamp,Sawcheek and brown). However my blackbanded went into decline after being put in a shiner loaded tank.

back on topic: ice in ziplock bags is the best chiller in my mind.
if you have a good back an angle tank might be suitable. I believe I have a pic of one somewhere. if not picture a tetris block in the shape of an "L".
the design allows to maintain 3 types of environment sucessfully and not take up a huge amount of space and the 90 degree viewing is much better for desplay

#23 Guest_JMoore_*

Guest_JMoore_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 April 2009 - 07:18 AM

if you have a good back an angle tank might be suitable. I believe I have a pic of one somewhere. if not picture a tetris block in the shape of an "L".
the design allows to maintain 3 types of environment sucessfully and not take up a huge amount of space and the 90 degree viewing is much better for desplay

I don't believe I'm familiar with this kind of tank. I'd love to see a picture. Are these retail or custom?

#24 Guest_killier_*

Guest_killier_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 April 2009 - 02:55 PM

I don't believe I'm familiar with this kind of tank. I'd love to see a picture. Are these retail or custom?

http://forum.nanfa.o...p?showtopic=992
i got mine at a pet store in NC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users