NANFA AUCTION 12x6 x 1/8" Seine

27 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Casper Cox_*

Guest_Casper Cox_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2009 - 12:45 PM

Better Greg if you would come to Florida and give us a pre auction demonstration.
:)
So how was the fried chicken, sweet tea and boiled corn on the cob?
:)
Thanks... looks like we inadvertantly got you for another seine haul.
Thanks much. I really want to see it in action.
If you can make it to Florida in October i know you will have a good adventure.
Casper

#22 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2009 - 11:53 PM

I volunteered to help procure auction items this year. I shan't be attending however, so I would prefer all contributors send the goodies directly and forthwith to Charlie.

#23 Guest_netmaker_*

Guest_netmaker_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 May 2009 - 11:59 AM

I volunteered to help procure auction items this year. I shan't be attending however, so I would prefer all contributors send the goodies directly and forthwith to Charlie.

I was just digging around and found some really interesting prototype gears for Yo-yo's .I made for DOI and ACOE . We moved beyond those designs years ago and they are just sitting there idle......when they should be catching fish! ( even Collection fish, but they should be fishing none the less).
I think I'll prep the ones I think are useable for collecting and send them . So much is 12mm though, I believe this crowd likes 1/8" netting?

Hey IM,

What do you think a 60x10x6 x No.42 x 1-5/8" Sock and 4x6 sock frame would fetch?
If they have any 3 lb. suckers or 2 lb. darters I'm sure it'll work! ha ha!

gf

#24 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2009 - 09:22 AM

Reminds me of that monster hoop net I donated to the auction in Little Rock. Dave Neely bought it for a song. I wonder if he got any use out of it? I never did.

#25 Guest_netmaker_*

Guest_netmaker_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2009 - 10:22 AM

[attachment=8467:hoop_net.doc]

You mean one like this? I know in Mississippi they used to use them in the big river.

You should have seen it BITD with 1K of German carp and another odd hundred lbs. of blues. I used to bring along two guys just to sit on the gunwhale as counter weights so we wouldn't do a 180 in the bayou when we opened the Puck line and started dipping.

Glad I just make nets now instead of fishing them!. . . . . of course very few Researchers ever ask about these big 'uns.

[attachment=8469:Sapphire...sh_Study.doc]

These are more the Research and Sampling style......Thank God for that.

I'm sure you remember picking up those big un's........a young man's job....not for us!

Ha ha!

#26 Guest_jchampagne_*

Guest_jchampagne_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2009 - 07:24 PM

Am I missing anything or are all the attached pictures not working? I can't see your net and I would really like to.

#27 Guest_netmaker_*

Guest_netmaker_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2009 - 10:45 PM

[attachment=8602:scan0021.jpg]

[attachment=8601:Hoop_net_6.jpg]

OK, This should work.
Big net
Little nets.

Greg

#28 Guest_netmaker_*

Guest_netmaker_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2009 - 10:55 PM

Am I missing anything or are all the attached pictures not working? I can't see your net and I would really like to.

Is this what you wanted to see or the seine?

Greg[attachment=8603:P0004438.JPG]

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users