• Guests

Posted 24 July 2009 - 11:15 AM

Yeah, we have it in the document library :

http://forum.nanfa.o...enus-ulocentra/

#22 Guest_fundulus_*

Guest_fundulus_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2009 - 11:19 AM

Thanks Tom, you saved me from further procrastination.

#23 Guest_BTDarters_*

Guest_BTDarters_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2009 - 04:01 AM

Awesome photos and descriptions, Casper! As always!

Brian

#24 Guest_fritz_*

Guest_fritz_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2009 - 09:07 AM

Casper - your great photos caused me to order an Olympus Stylus also. Hope that I do as well.

Fritz

#25 Guest_Casper Cox_*

Guest_Casper Cox_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2009 - 12:48 PM

Todd and Michael... Move to the head of the class. Very creative answers for those in the know. Ive seen trailing green streamers 6" long from hair algae feed rolling stones.

Thanks Tom, i skimmed the pdf file. It looks very informative. Slow, careful reading for me and i will do so one evening.

Fritz, i think you will have fun with the Olympus. Another feature is that the camera is so small it is convenient to carry, everywhere. My old digital was bulky and padded cased and problematic to use with convenience. This hangs around my neck while hiking. Im still learning the setting and remembering old F-Stop, Exposure, ISO lingo and their meanings. I think i can only control ISO but higher ISO/ASA, tho grainyer, would yield quicker exposures and increased depth of field me rememberith from my manual SLR days of youth. Good luck to your usage. The only problem ive heard discussed in regards to the Olympus is the odd XD card and the lack of support for the memory chip. However i just move all the files to my computer for editing via the USB cable. I never touch the chip.

Here is a pic i snapped yesterday in the cement pond. I wish they would all turn out this clear. He looks lonely and needs a mate. Earlier in the year he had the vibrant eyebrows and was displaying with the Eastern Starheads.

CP-NStud1.JPG

And i got this at just the right instant...

CP-7-EStar-Eat.JPG

And one more... kinda artsy, love the surface tension and cruise control...

CP-7-BSTM.JPG

Does anyone remember WHAT issue Chris noted the Snubnose splits?

Edited by Casper Cox, 27 July 2009 - 01:21 PM.

#26 Guest_fundulus_*

Guest_fundulus_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2009 - 04:15 PM

The AC with the synopsis of the simoterum split is Vol. 34, Number 1, Winter (Feb.) 2008.

#27 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:06 PM

And one more... kinda artsy, love the surface tension and cruise control...

I really like this one... very nice work and good eye my friend... but we know you have the heart of an artist.

Edited by Michael Wolfe, 27 July 2009 - 09:07 PM.

Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users