2 LM bass

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_314_*

Guest_314_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2009 - 01:31 AM

I have 2 largemouth, they are about 2 1/2 inches long. they demolish anything i throw in the tank. they are ferocious and will try to attack ur finger if u tap the glass. they're not starving, currently i feed them meal worms, at first half each, then i decided to see how much they can eat. the meal worms are an inch, inch and half long, one of them demolished 3 of them consecutively before i stopped because i saw his belly swell 3 times its size and he looked like he was going to burst. i can easily see them eating non stop and growing to a massive size if i repeat that feeding experiment. if i switch to half a meal worm every other day each how much can i expect them to grow in about a year so i can make plans to upgrade the tank.

#2 Guest_jdphish_*

Guest_jdphish_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2009 - 03:46 AM

314, I have had LMB grow to a size of 1.5-2 pounds in seven months (from hatch). Up to 14-15 inches. Granted this was a pond environment with almost unlimited forage available. I doubt you will see that sort of growth with half a meal worm every other day. You might try feeding some fathead feeder minnows. They will disappear. Also, not sure what size tank you presently have. If 20 gallons or less, you may need to increase size in a year or two.

Another thing I have noticed with bass, if one for some reason gets noticeably larger than the other, separate them. They will eat each other if they can. Trust me.

#3 Guest_bumpylemon_*

Guest_bumpylemon_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2009 - 08:19 AM

they will def try and each other....when i say try, i mean one will commit suicide trying to swallow the other.

#4 Guest_GottaCatchEmAll_*

Guest_GottaCatchEmAll_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2009 - 02:03 PM

haha, funny but very true. My LM bass is only an inch and a half, and he ate a young darter at about an inch the other day, had to move him to the big boys' tank.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users