New York Trip (Schenectady Area)

48 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_keepnatives_*

Guest_keepnatives_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2010 - 11:53 PM

Water levels are extremely high and expected to rise a over next couple of days before slowly dropping if rain holds off. Temps Sat will be cool as well. But its the high fast water I'm more concerned with. Lets see how it goes the next couple of days. Its a long drive to just get cold and wet.

#22 Guest_bumpylemon_*

Guest_bumpylemon_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:13 AM

Water levels are extremely high and expected to rise a over next couple of days before slowly dropping if rain holds off. Temps Sat will be cool as well. But its the high fast water I'm more concerned with. Lets see how it goes the next couple of days. Its a long drive to just get cold and wet.

how is it lookin mike? smaller streams around here were only lookin like 4 inches higher....the bigger rivers were flowing nice. if its possible we can still catch actual fish then i have no problem getting cold and wet. lol.

#23 Guest_keepnatives_*

Guest_keepnatives_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 March 2010 - 10:45 PM

how is it lookin mike? smaller streams around here were only lookin like 4 inches higher....the bigger rivers were flowing nice. if its possible we can still catch actual fish then i have no problem getting cold and wet. lol.

Water levels have dropped somewhat from very high to high but we are due for some rain and snow through Fri morning, not much but anything just adds to already high levels. Can't guarantee any results not sure its worth the drive.

#24 Guest_bumpylemon_*

Guest_bumpylemon_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2010 - 06:10 AM

Water levels have dropped somewhat from very high to high but we are due for some rain and snow through Fri morning, not much but anything just adds to already high levels. Can't guarantee any results not sure its worth the drive.

next weekend is easter weekend....but i have friday off. i could do fri or sat. are you avail?

#25 Guest_bumpylemon_*

Guest_bumpylemon_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2010 - 02:17 PM

mike give me some more hope...i was out today and nothing could be colder...if your game to give it a try im game to drive. ive been in the house sick all week and i need to get out...and i just got news that i have a lesion on my vocal cord and its possible its cancer...so im ready to take in the world and get outta here lol

#26 Guest_keepnatives_*

Guest_keepnatives_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2010 - 04:39 PM

mike give me some more hope...i was out today and nothing could be colder...if your game to give it a try im game to drive. ive been in the house sick all week and i need to get out...and i just got news that i have a lesion on my vocal cord and its possible its cancer...so im ready to take in the world and get outta here lol

I'm game, let's give it a try. Can almost always find something even if its just along the shore. I've got waders, its gonna be cold water this early. Lets plan on getting a mid morning start. Maybe meet at that Dunkin Dounuts we stopped at near the first site, the address is 106 Park PL Schoharie NY 12157 at 9:30 am.

Edited by keepnatives, 26 March 2010 - 04:47 PM.

#27 Guest_bumpylemon_*

Guest_bumpylemon_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2010 - 05:03 PM

awesome. mike could we meet at Walmart 139 Merchant Place, Cobleskill, NY 12043 @ 930? i wont have my gps this time so 1 stop would be better and i gotta grab a license there. Josh are you still in? im rocking shorts! man i cant imagine how cold its gonna be hahah. have you been down to the schoharie? hope we can get some logperch! then hit that litte stream and grab a fantail. i hope our beaver spot is hittable. def need some redside dace!! im excited!

Edited by bumpylemon, 26 March 2010 - 05:21 PM.

#28 Guest_bumpylemon_*

Guest_bumpylemon_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2010 - 08:17 PM

we decided to postpone the trip to next friday. can anyone else make it then?

#29 Guest_FirstChAoS_*

Guest_FirstChAoS_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:51 PM

we decided to postpone the trip to next friday. can anyone else make it then?

I got next friday off, hopefully i can. maybe i'd be lucky and it won't be an early morning trip so I'd be awake while sampling. :)

#30 Guest_FirstChAoS_*

Guest_FirstChAoS_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2010 - 06:14 PM

That's awful, i hope it turns out to be nothing serious. I hope you catch it early enough to treat it successfullu.

#31 Guest_bumpylemon_*

Guest_bumpylemon_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2010 - 06:24 PM

That's awful, i hope it turns out to be nothing serious. I hope you catch it early enough to treat it successfullu.

thanks man. im not to worried yet...its prob from yelling to much.

#32 Guest_FirstChAoS_*

Guest_FirstChAoS_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2010 - 10:17 PM

This week is starting out rainy as usual, what is the outlook for this weekend? will we go anyways or postpone it again?

#33 Guest_bumpylemon_*

Guest_bumpylemon_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2010 - 05:44 AM

we will be goin no matter what. its gonna be very nice out

#34 Guest_fundulus_*

Guest_fundulus_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2010 - 08:30 AM

I'm just curious, is this area within the region that's supposed to be hit by huge amounts of rain today? Even two inches of rain will mash up your collecting, I'd think. But hopefully I'm wrong.

#35 Guest_bumpylemon_*

Guest_bumpylemon_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2010 - 08:35 AM

I'm just curious, is this area within the region that's supposed to be hit by huge amounts of rain today? Even two inches of rain will mash up your collecting, I'd think. But hopefully I'm wrong.

Ya. But way more than 2" lol I could care less about getting a lot of stuff. Its just nice to get back out there. End of the week will be 70's. It should receed a lil by then. If not then well its still better than being at work. And comes with a good lunch at Jerseys!

#36 Guest_keepnatives_*

Guest_keepnatives_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2010 - 06:32 PM

Ya. But way more than 2" lol I could care less about getting a lot of stuff. Its just nice to get back out there. End of the week will be 70's. It should receed a lil by then. If not then well its still better than being at work. And comes with a good lunch at Jerseys!

Yes weather should be great. Water may be impossible to get into. But its fun to get out and sometimes can find some slower, shallow spots. Just won't be taking chances. Could find some nice driftwood for those big, big tanks.

#37 Guest_FirstChAoS_*

Guest_FirstChAoS_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2010 - 12:39 PM

We're meeting this friday right? what place and time are we meeting at? Can you give me an address (I am driving myself their this time so will need to use a mapping program to find it).

#38 Guest_bumpylemon_*

Guest_bumpylemon_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2010 - 03:47 PM

yes this friday...and lets meet at the walmart @ 930am(since we need to get licenses anyway) i believe the address is 139 Merchant Place Cobleskill NY 12043

#39 Guest_keepnatives_*

Guest_keepnatives_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2010 - 07:49 PM

yes this friday...and lets meet at the walmart @ 930am(since we need to get licenses anyway) i believe the address is 139 Merchant Place Cobleskill NY 12043

Are you guys meeting Fri night or Sat morning? It seems there's some miscommunication. I'm assuming meeting at Walmart 9:30 ish Sat morning.

#40 Guest_bumpylemon_*

Guest_bumpylemon_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2010 - 08:21 PM

Are you guys meeting Fri night or Sat morning? It seems there's some miscommunication. I'm assuming meeting at Walmart 9:30 ish Sat morning.

mike i thought when we talked we discussed Friday morning because we all had work off for good friday. thats what i had made arraignments for on my end with my wife and family that day. we have easter on sunday and i need to prepare my house for 65 guests!! lol. is friday available for you mike?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users