Trinectes maculatus questions

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_NVCichlids_*

Guest_NVCichlids_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2011 - 10:22 AM

He emailed me a PDF File, I will work on posting that later tonight when I get home from work.

I think its hard trying to get the DNR to have uniformed answers.

I will keep persuing me being able to keep them. As I interpret the law, and from what I know of this species, they are not viable in our waters, so there shouldn't be an issue.

like I said, I will work on his PDF brochure that he states would not allow me to keep them.

#22 Guest_NVCichlids_*

Guest_NVCichlids_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2011 - 10:23 PM

I may have mis-interpreted what he said as I asked if it would be legal to keep and attempt to breed hogchokers in my tank and this was the response:
"I checked further about the farming of Hogchoker and it's clear that it would NOT be allowed. I am sending you a pdf of a fact sheet on invasive fish species."

I have attached the PDF file here as well (hopefully)

Attached Files

Edited by NVCichlids, 31 March 2011 - 10:27 PM.

#23 Guest_gerald_*

Guest_gerald_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2011 - 12:53 PM

Page 2 of the WI-BFM brochure says "non-viable fish species and viable fish species in the aquarium trade may be possessed, transported and transferred, but only in a safe facility". Hogchoker is certainly "in the aquarium trade", and I'd argue it is "non-viable" in WI without access to brackish water.

Also, note the caption under the koi pond photo (bottom right) directly contradicts the text above the photo which defines a "safe facility" as "not an open pond". If you can find the regulations that the BFM brochure is based on, that would (hopefully) be clearer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users