Photo

Hey, look at my first native tank. What would people recommend?

21 replies to this topic

#21 Chasmodes

Chasmodes
  • NANFA Member
  • Central Maryland

Posted 03 March 2015 - 04:58 PM

Kevin, I have been running a spot light on the end of the tank behind the screen for couple of months now.  It has virtually turned that end of the tank into a gooey green mess, which is OK except it gets tangled up in the Koralia wavemaker.  I am stopping the spot light now to see if the tank becomes more acceptable looking.  Hopefully the plants will pick up as the temps climb.  I have java moss that has overwintered.  It seems to enjoy growing emersed.  The watercress went wild at first, but has died back slightly.  I hope it will revive with warmth.  Even my emersed unidentified garden weeds are still alive.

Kewl, can't wait for the next video.  That is a cool tank for sure.  If the algae gets out of hand, you can always redo the scrubber, maybe remotely would keep the tank looking nice.  But if the plants take off, maybe you won't need a scrubber if you can harvest the plants.

Kevin Wilson

#22 Beeker

Beeker
  • NANFA Guest

Posted 04 March 2015 - 01:30 PM

If you're still looking for information on the different darters, I found this page:  http://www.nanfa.org...aquariums.shtml

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users