Photo

Help with ID of Disease and Treatment Please

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 gitano

gitano
  • NANFA Member

Posted 11 January 2015 - 02:46 AM

Thanks. I looked at "Dimmable LED Reef Lights". Some of them are very expensive! But some aren't too bad. I found a pretty good looking one for $160. That's pretty rich, but I like the 'full spectrum' part as well. I have some more investigating to do, but it looks like I should be able to use something like this and program it's "dimmability" via a laptop. Until/unless I find something that will do exactly what I want, this looks like the path I'll be trodding. Thanks for point in that direction.

Paul

#42 centrarchid

centrarchid
  • NANFA Guest

Posted 12 January 2015 - 05:44 PM

Consider a $1.50 nightlite.
Find ways for people not already interested in natives to value them.

#43 gitano

gitano
  • NANFA Member

Posted 12 January 2015 - 10:49 PM

Most are either "on" or "off", and they're a little difficult to program if one wants a diurnal pattern other than "local". Not much for "dawn" or "dusk". But, I have cannibalized the photo-receptors from them for various projects, as their output is proportional to the ambient light level within a specific dynamic range.

Paul

#44 centrarchid

centrarchid
  • NANFA Guest

Posted 13 January 2015 - 10:45 AM

All on nightlite run 24/7 will provide sufficient lite without need for hi-tech. We use as part of backed-up pump circuit to serve as emergency lite as well.
Find ways for people not already interested in natives to value them.

#45 gitano

gitano
  • NANFA Member

Posted 13 January 2015 - 11:23 AM

It appears that I'm not getting across what I'm trying to accomplish.

My goal is to simulate "natural" light both in intensity, (dawn,noon, and dusk), and duration (photo-period), for any latitude from 0 to 90 (the equator to the Pole). In other words, I might want to be able to specify (program) the photo-period of the 40th degree of latitude when I live at the 65th degree of latitude. In another tank, I might want to simulate the ambient lighting conditions at the 75th latitude, or the 15th.

My goal is not to provide "sufficient" light.

It is also my intent to mimic annual temperature cycles at a specific latitude and longitude, not simply provide a temperature somewhere in the range found in the fish's 'natural' environment.

Paul

#46 Josh Blaylock

Josh Blaylock
  • Board of Directors
  • Central Kentucky

Posted 13 January 2015 - 11:34 AM

Here's your answer, I think

http://www.drsfoster...07&pcatid=26107

Josh Blaylock - Central KY
NANFA on Facebook

KYCREEKS - KRWW - KWA

I hope to have God on my side, but I must have Kentucky.

- Abraham Lincoln, 1861

#47 gitano

gitano
  • NANFA Member

Posted 13 January 2015 - 01:58 PM

Great idea! Thanks!

Paul

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users