Photo

Brackish 20 Long Chesapeake Bay Aquarium

261 replies to this topic

#261 Doug_Dame

Doug_Dame
  • NANFA Member

Posted 19 March 2019 - 06:44 PM

Sorry to hear of that. Your fish are quite well known "friends to all." At least, in this neighborhood.

Doug Dame

Floridian now back in Florida

#262 Chasmodes

Chasmodes
  • NANFA Member
  • Central Maryland

Posted 21 March 2019 - 08:17 AM

Thanks Doug.

I also keep a 20g high oyster reef brackish aquarium, but this is an invertebrate tank only right now.  I don't know if I'll keep fish in it or not.  I don't do a ton of maintentance on it, just let the inverts do their thing, feed them daily with flakes, and feed the anemones and crabs frozen shrimp now and then.  There are at least two species of mud crabs, 3 ghost anemones, about 20 grass shrimp, a few live mussels, a few barnacles, a bunch of amphipods that rarely come out, and a bunch of clam worms (bristle worms).  I feed the filter feeders oyster egg solution as well a couple times each week.  Once in a while, I get a treat when the crabs, amphipods come out, and also like to watch the anemones eat.  Well, last night, I had quite a surprise when I found a grass shrimp feasting on live remains of a half eaten bristle worm that was in the swimming/mating form.  I never thought that grass shrimp would do that since they're so timid.  I always thought bristle worms would be aggressive too, but, they are not at all aggressive and really help as part of the clean up crew.  Anyway, I have a short video of the grass shrimp feast:

Kevin Wilson

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users