Healing Injuries

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_rockbassbud5_*

Guest_rockbassbud5_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2007 - 07:09 PM

Check the bottle. If it was working one more dose will probably do it.

#42 Guest_fishlvr_*

Guest_fishlvr_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 November 2007 - 08:23 PM

Check the bottle. If it was working one more dose will probably do it.

Ok. I added some more Stress Coat. His mouth is completely healed, and he ate a dead rosy red(one step closer to pellets) and a couple earthworms. I added some unknown shiners to his little net thing; although he looks pretty full. The spine has skin(?) growing back on it and it's starting to heal up. Hoping this will heal by next weekend before it gets too cold to put him back out for fear of temp stress.

#43 Guest_rockbassbud5_*

Guest_rockbassbud5_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 November 2007 - 09:28 AM

Good to hear that everything is healing up! Yea definatly don't want to stress him out due to temp. I wish it was warm enough here to keep fish outside year round! It would make life so much easier!

#44 Guest_sumthinsfishy_*

Guest_sumthinsfishy_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 November 2007 - 10:06 AM

If you have a large enough pond, you can as long as it doesn't freeze all the way through.
Or you could get a big heater and keep it in there during the winter.

#45 Guest_rockbassbud5_*

Guest_rockbassbud5_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 November 2007 - 01:28 PM

Ya but putting in a big enough pond is hard to do! Especially with my Parents! lol :angry:

#46 Guest_rockbassbud5_*

Guest_rockbassbud5_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 November 2007 - 08:40 PM

So anyways fishlvr how did it all turn out with your sunnie? Just yesterday my pickerel got some fighting injuries and had fungus starting to show up on some of the wounds. So anyways I did my normal injury routine with the salt and stress coat and what do know! today he is pretty much healed up and no sign of any fungus. Works like a charm!

#47 Guest_fishlvr_*

Guest_fishlvr_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 November 2007 - 09:10 PM

Well, his mouth has healed with virtually no signs of injury. The dorsal spine, on the other hand, hasn't changed much. It's healing, just very slowly. He eats like a horse though. :smile:

#48 Guest_rockbassbud5_*

Guest_rockbassbud5_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 November 2007 - 09:14 PM

Good as long as hes making progress! :-D

#49 Guest_fishlvr_*

Guest_fishlvr_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 November 2007 - 09:37 PM

Good as long as hes making progress! :-D

Yeah, I think I need to add some more salt. I don't know though. I may just put him back outside until winter is over and I get my warmouth tank setup. I might end up putting him in there if he doesn't heal up. I'm going to put him in the pond by himself and put the other green in a 30 gallon tub I have outside. Do know if he'll heal up out there?

#50 Guest_rockbassbud5_*

Guest_rockbassbud5_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 November 2007 - 04:17 PM

Probably. Well if it was a fighting related injury I would be worried about putting him back in the pond but since you said he would be alone i don't see why it wouldn't be okay.

#51 Guest_fishlvr_*

Guest_fishlvr_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 November 2007 - 04:53 PM

Ok. I'll probably end up putting him in there then. I'll put some rosy reds in there to allow him the option to eat in the colder weather. Not real sure how much he will eat though.

#52 Guest_rockbassbud5_*

Guest_rockbassbud5_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 November 2007 - 08:20 PM

Ok good Idea! I'm sure he will appreciate the rosies! My darter de-eyed a rosie today! That sure was a suprise to me!

#53 Guest_fishlvr_*

Guest_fishlvr_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 November 2007 - 08:44 PM

Wow... what kind of darter was it? That's vicious.

#54 Guest_rockbassbud5_*

Guest_rockbassbud5_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 November 2007 - 09:06 PM

Rainbow! I was like wow that wasnt too nice! :-P

#55 Guest_fishlvr_*

Guest_fishlvr_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 November 2007 - 09:28 PM

Yeah, definitely not too nice.

#56 Guest_fishlvr_*

Guest_fishlvr_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 November 2007 - 11:17 AM

I put him out in the pond and the swelling is completely gone and he's healed up quite nicely. He won't eat though, probably 'cause of the cold weather, but he's fat enough to make it through the winter. While he was inside, the spine that was injured just fell out or something, because I looked one day and it was gone. :shock: But I think he'll be ok without it.

#57 Guest_rockbassbud5_*

Guest_rockbassbud5_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 November 2007 - 04:49 PM

While he was inside, the spine that was injured just fell out or something, because I looked one day and it was gone. :shock: But I think he'll be ok without it.

Wow thats strange! As long as there isnt any open wounds where it fell off or any open place for infection to start he should be fine!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users