Orange Spotted Sunfish

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_fundulus_*

Guest_fundulus_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2008 - 08:12 AM

Here's another question on something I've been wondering about. Does anyone know if a fishing liscense is required in KY if you're seigning or dip netting for bait? Geuss I could grab a fishing reg booklet next time I'm in Wally-World.

Yes.

#42 Guest_teleost_*

Guest_teleost_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2008 - 04:29 PM

For every state that I recall reading, bait collection is a form of fishing and requires a fishing license.

#43 Guest_sculpinator_*

Guest_sculpinator_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2008 - 11:58 PM

For every state that I recall reading, bait collection is a form of fishing and requires a fishing license.

Thanks.

Since I've gone without a fishing license for more than a year I now have to wait until March 1st to get mine. In Ky it's only valid from March 1st until the end of the following Feb. If I get mine now it will simply expire the last day of February '08. Only other option would be to get a one day res. permit @ $7.00 a shot :dry: .

#44 Guest_nativeplanter_*

Guest_nativeplanter_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 December 2008 - 12:07 PM

Thanks.

Since I've gone without a fishing license for more than a year I now have to wait until March 1st to get mine. In Ky it's only valid from March 1st until the end of the following Feb. If I get mine now it will simply expire the last day of February '08. Only other option would be to get a one day res. permit @ $7.00 a shot :dry: .

I don't know what fishing licenses cost in your state, but they are probably a whole lot less than the fine you risk getting without one...

#45 Guest_sculpinator_*

Guest_sculpinator_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 December 2008 - 05:05 PM

I don't know what fishing licenses cost in your state, but they are probably a whole lot less than the fine you risk getting without one...

I certainly can't argue that point.

If it looks like I'm going to get out before March, I'll just go the $20 and then renew it again when that one expires. I'll probably get my Tenn. lisence this year as well since I only live a mile from the line.

By the way. When I wrote "February '08" in my previous post, it was supposed to read 'February 09' :blush: . I guess most of you figured that anyway since I didn't get any Q's or comments on it.

#46 Guest_Nightwing_*

Guest_Nightwing_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 December 2008 - 03:16 AM

Bumping this, as I really would like some of these for the 125 I am currently in the process of setting up.
I am in S.W. Lower Michigan, and if anyone could point out a potential collection spot within "reasonsable"(A few hours) driving distance, I'd sure appreciate it!
I can collect either via dip net, or hook and line, whichever is legal. If collecting wiith hook and line I will use a very small fly hook, barbless, sized between 16 and 24 with bait. I've used this method to collect fish on an experimental basis as small as sculpins and johny darters..with very good results.

#47 Guest_smbass_*

Guest_smbass_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 December 2008 - 10:36 PM

They are very abundant in the Maumee River in NW Ohio. This is probably several hours from you but they are very abundant there.

#48 Guest_sculpinator_*

Guest_sculpinator_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 December 2008 - 12:15 AM

I haven't verified the presence of L. Humilis in my area yet but occording to the KDFWR website they do occur in the county I live in (Calloway co./ SW KY). My primary target will be the Clark's River for starters. There seems to be plenty of slow moving water along it's course.

I know this doesn't help you much Nightwing but I do intend to get out and find some of these little 'sunnies' myself once it warms up a bit. I'd be happy to gather a few for anyone that might interested in them and might be passing through my area this spring/summer. I'm sure we could work out a trade or somthin'.

If it's feasible to do so we could even consider shipping some if someone was interested in trying that route. I'd have to check into any regulations that might apply here and I still have to locate them first of course.

I know JohnO and jblaylock are both in KY. Either of you guys ever ship any fish from our state?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users