Guys, It's Time To Pony Up...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
96 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2007 - 10:28 PM

Thank you for reminding me...just ponied up!

Hey, is that avatar from Ultraman?

#42 Guest_airbrn1187_*

Guest_airbrn1187_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 August 2007 - 05:41 PM

Thanks Telost i will be looking forward to getting my feet wet with some of you!

#43 Guest_FrostBite_*

Guest_FrostBite_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 August 2007 - 12:50 PM

Even if I am fourteen I could so beat my dad in an arm wrestling match and I can get him to admit to that. I also want to join becaus this site made my dad go from appreciating natives to outright fish nut which means less research for me:P

#44 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 August 2007 - 09:34 PM

Even if I am fourteen I could so beat my dad in an arm wrestling match and I can get him to admit to that. I also want to join becaus this site made my dad go from appreciating natives to outright fish nut which means less research for me:P

Tell him to sign both of you up!

#45 Guest_chad55_*

Guest_chad55_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2007 - 12:24 AM

Ok ok....I haven't been around much lately but I am coming back I swear. This summer has had me constantly working at my job as a bagger for Kroger which I hate! I have wanted to get a membership for some time really. I think as soon as I get my car insurance paid I will get myself a membership. I want to start being more active with the meets and what not now that I drive and I am making money (although not enough :? lol). I promise I will get a membership asap. As soon as I pay the $300 for my car insurance :( .

Chad

#46 Guest_FrostBite_*

Guest_FrostBite_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2007 - 11:24 AM

I'm definetily gonna join since I can't find an excuse not to and I have plenty of reasons to join

#47 Guest_seanmc_*

Guest_seanmc_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2007 - 11:01 PM

OK punk, when I get home, we are going to arm wrestle and put an end to this! (FrostBite is my son).

He's right about being enthused by the prospects of caring for Native fish. One (or both) of us will join soon, that's why I was asking about the idea of a family membership.

Cheers - Sean

#48 Guest_johnpritzlaff_*

Guest_johnpritzlaff_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 August 2007 - 05:45 PM

I am somewhat new to the forum, but I think I'm going to become a member after I get my birthday money.

#49 Guest_Scenicrivers_*

Guest_Scenicrivers_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 August 2007 - 07:21 PM

I am somewhat new to the forum, but I think I'm going to become a member after I get my birthday money.

You will have to tell us how your epic trip went and what you saw.

#50 Guest_edbihary_*

Guest_edbihary_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2007 - 02:40 AM

I'll sponsor a student. The first one to send me a PM telling me what school he attends (any school from grade school to grad school) gets a NANFA membership, effective this coming Friday (payday for me).

We have a "winner": darterpro

Welcome aboard, William! We're all glad you joined. Be sure to update your forum profile to indicate your NANFA membership. This does not happen automatically.

#51 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2007 - 03:00 PM

We have a "winner": darterpro

Welcome aboard, William! We're all glad you joined. Be sure to update your forum profile to indicate your NANFA membership. This does not happen automatically.

Good job Ed, and thanks!

#52 Guest_killier_*

Guest_killier_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2007 - 03:12 PM

great william its a shame you just missed the Last AC well you can look at mine look...... :grin:

#53 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 September 2007 - 12:21 AM

OK punk, when I get home, we are going to arm wrestle and put an end to this! (FrostBite is my son).

He's right about being enthused by the prospects of caring for Native fish. One (or both) of us will join soon, that's why I was asking about the idea of a family membership.

Cheers - Sean

That's great - NANFA is under-represented in Canada, and you have some neat fish there.

#54 Guest_Scenicrivers_*

Guest_Scenicrivers_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 September 2007 - 08:06 PM

Hey my wifes photographers forum just sent out a special offer. If she signs up for another year by midnight tonight, the annual forum fee will be $75.00 instead of $100.00. Remember this fee is only for access to the forum. What a deal #-o .

With this in mind I want to thank all of the volunteers who make the forum, newsletter (Summer issue is exceptional), various meetings, the business of NANFA, grants, ect... all possible. With my above email in mind, I can't imagine how expensive a NANFA membership would have to be if it were not for all of the dedicated volunteers who produce such great products for us all to learn from and enjoy. Thank You.
=D> :D/ :-" :biggrin: :laugh:

Matthew

#55 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 September 2007 - 10:25 PM

BTW Ed, my cat can beat up your cat! And he doesn't need no stinkin' gun!

#56 Guest_edbihary_*

Guest_edbihary_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 September 2007 - 11:13 PM

BTW Ed, my cat can beat up your cat! And he doesn't need no stinkin' gun!

It's on!!!!

#57 Guest_NativeLover_*

Guest_NativeLover_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2007 - 01:25 AM

Already a NANFA member. :-D

#58 Guest_iturnrocks_*

Guest_iturnrocks_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 September 2007 - 08:36 PM

Im considering membership.
I viewed the sample of AC and found at least one article I find interesting. If there was a state organization I would likely already be a member. The comments about a photography forum that charges for membership might actually be a hinderance. I operate 2 forums and moderate a third so I understand what it takes to run a forum. Im also an active member on at least 15 various free forums.

One of the forums I visit does offer extras to paying members like the option of an avatar or complex signatures. I am a free member on that forum.

The Kansas Herpetological Society membership is $15 annually, of which I am a member and also a field trip coordinator. I am reluctant to pay for a membership to an organization of which I will most likely never see in person. I would be more likely to create my own KsNFA, but since I recently started the Kansas Vernal Pool Society, I currently have my hands full.

However, I am still hoping the forum will eventually allow searching by location so I could have a better idea of how many members are nearby.

#59 Guest_drewish_*

Guest_drewish_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 September 2007 - 09:43 PM

You are right in stating that Kansas is not represented in NANFA but you could always change that. If you believe in what NANFA does, join and get those local members. You will actually be closer to next year's convention than I. And 2006's convention was Missouri so events do happen in your region.

#60 Guest_iturnrocks_*

Guest_iturnrocks_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 September 2007 - 11:14 PM

And 2006's convention was Missouri so events do happen in your region.

I guess I require a little more participation. I get at minimum 2 annual field trips, an annual meeting, 4 issues of a good journal, and hundreds of people nearby with similar interests with my state group for $15.

I dont really consider Cape Girardeau to be local at 356 miles away and the $75 registration fee sounds like a group for people who actually finished college.

Membership............................................$20
700 mile round trip gas money...............$140
4 day hotel stay......................................$320
Event Registration...................................$75

The chance to max out my $600 limit
Mastercard to hang out with a bunch
of people I probly wont see for another
10 years...................................................not worth it (to me)

............But then I was complaining about a $20 fishing license in another thread.

Ill just continue to enjoy collecting fish and sharing my experiences on the free forums. Who knows, maybe Ill win the lottery someday.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users