The Forum Has Fallen Below The 20% Threshhold Of Nanfa Members

87 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_drewish_*

Guest_drewish_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2007 - 11:35 PM

http://nanfa.org/regional.shtml

Speaking of which, it appears I need to update it.

#22 Guest_FishandFire_*

Guest_FishandFire_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2007 - 11:42 PM

Thank you, guys.

#23 Guest_uniseine_*

Guest_uniseine_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2007 - 10:22 AM

NANFA regulars on forum:

I talked to Bob Muller 2 days ago. He is one of the best at getting darters to breed. He also co-hosted to NANFA National Convention in Michigan.

He is also an 'old dog' - can't learn new tricks? Bob likes the listserve. The NANFA Forum looks too complicated to him. He is afraid that checking the forum will take too much time. I mentioned that he can get a weekly digest of the NANFA Forum.

I failed to convince him otherwise.

#24 Guest_ashtonmj_*

Guest_ashtonmj_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2007 - 10:27 AM

Going to the forum website and hitting "View New Posts" takes far less time than logging into my email and going through listserve posts (when there used to be 20-40+ a day) or reading the digested email. I don't get the "affraid" attitude other than it being different/new. It's like not liking spinach, you don't know until you try.

#25 Guest_bullhead_*

Guest_bullhead_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2007 - 12:30 PM

(Assuming I did the member search correctly), there are about 350 forum members who have never posted.

#26 Guest_drewish_*

Guest_drewish_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2007 - 12:35 PM

(Assuming I did the member search correctly), there are about 350 forum members who have never posted.

That's about right. We require people to be forum members in order to see pictures in most if not all forums. And there are a couple of sections that require forum membership to read.

We knew this would be the case from the beginning. We will have some (161 members with 10+ posts) that will contribute while others are here to learn and once they are comfortable will contribute in time.

#27 Guest_tglassburner_*

Guest_tglassburner_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2007 - 12:38 PM

That's about right. We require people to be forum members in order to see pictures in most if not all forums. And there are a couple of sections that require forum membership to read.

One forum I belong to requires 5 posts before you can view images, I like that idea, it encourages you to stick around for a while.

EDIT: maybe they have to become NANFA Members to post in certain areas!! That may up the enrollment.

Tom

#28 Guest_drewish_*

Guest_drewish_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2007 - 12:42 PM

One forum I belong to requires 5 posts before you can view images, I like that idea, it encourages you to stick around for a while.

This promotes junk posts. But that forum (assuming we are talking about the same one) is all about number of posts anyway. There are people that have 5,000+ posts in the span of a year.

#29 Guest_tglassburner_*

Guest_tglassburner_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2007 - 12:45 PM

This promotes junk posts. But that forum (assuming we are talking about the same one) is all about number of posts anyway. There are people that have 5,000+ posts in the span of a year.

It may be the same one.

Just a thought.

#30 Guest_mikez_*

Guest_mikez_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2007 - 05:20 PM

mikez: http://nanfa.org/ac.shtml

Thanks for the link. Sure wish I hadn't opened it after 11:00 PM last night. I had to drag my butt off to work at the crack of dawn this morning. :eek:

#31 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2007 - 11:28 PM

Nobody should take from my earlier post that Charlie Nunziata, the regional coordinator, is somehow remiss in his duties. I know he has stuck to the job when others have given up in despair.

I really wonder why ANY Nanfa member would not join this forum. Sure we have a great magazine, but c'mon - without interaction with other members what's the point?

#32 Guest_edbihary_*

Guest_edbihary_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 November 2007 - 07:23 PM

Mikez, where are you from?

Massachusetts

Oops, I have been remiss. Update your profile with your location information!

#33 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 November 2007 - 07:06 PM

I cleaned this up a bit, was getting a bit off topic.

#34 Guest_fundulus_*

Guest_fundulus_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 November 2007 - 01:35 PM

UPDATE (for those of you who can face it...): as of today, Nov. 24, the Forum has 150 NANFA members out of 773 registered users, for a 19.4% member rate. That seems to be the going rate. At this point I'm impressed if new registered users merely list where they are. Peace, I'm outta here.

#35 Guest_dafrimpster_*

Guest_dafrimpster_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 November 2007 - 10:24 PM

I am new to native fish keeping. Finding this forum has been great. I just processed my NANFA mambership via PayPal.

#36 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 November 2007 - 11:02 PM

I am new to native fish keeping. Finding this forum has been great. I just processed my NANFA mambership via PayPal.

Outstanding!

#37 Guest_viridari_*

Guest_viridari_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2007 - 02:19 AM

Why don't more of the people on the mail list move over here? But how many of the 759 people have posted more than 10 times or have logged in in the last month?

Too many forums and web sites to check every day. I read most of the non-spam email that comes into my inbox but really there are waaaaay too many web sites and forums to stay on top of. Email makes house calls, so it wins.

#38 Guest_drewish_*

Guest_drewish_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2007 - 10:46 AM

Too many forums and web sites to check every day. I read most of the non-spam email that comes into my inbox but really there are waaaaay too many web sites and forums to stay on top of. Email makes house calls, so it wins.

You mean the list that has had 14 emails this month? I can see why that isn't bothersome.

#39 Guest_viridari_*

Guest_viridari_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2007 - 11:39 AM

You mean the list that has had 14 emails this month? I can see why that isn't bothersome.

Actually one way that I stay on top of all of the web sites that I like is via RSS feeds. When new content is posted, it shows up in one centralized aggregator. Everything from news to blogs to forums and so on. If this forum has an RSS feed for new posts, I haven't found it yet. Normally if a page has an RSS feed associated with it, Firefox gives me a special icon up in the URL bar up top. I don't ever get that with the forum.

#40 Guest_fundulus_*

Guest_fundulus_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2007 - 01:16 PM

In truth I'm all for it, I was just pulling one of your appendages......

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users