New Nanfa Members!

195 replies to this topic

#101 Guest_LincolnUMike_*

Guest_LincolnUMike_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2011 - 01:41 PM

I am Mike, a full time student at Lincoln University, Jefferson City, Mo.

I have completed my Computer Information Systems degree requirements and currently working on a minor in aquaculture.

#102 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 22 August 2011 - 02:22 PM

I am Mike, a full time student at Lincoln University, Jefferson City, Mo.

I have completed my Computer Information Systems degree requirements and currently working on a minor in aquaculture.

Welcome Mike... that's an interesting combination... computer science and aquaculture.
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#103 Guest_jblaylock_*

Guest_jblaylock_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2011 - 07:32 AM

Welcome Mike... that's an interesting combination... computer science and aquaculture.

Agreed, an interesting combo. I went 1-year through the CIS program at University of Louisville until I changed my major.....it wasn't for me. Welcome to Nanfa. I visited Columbia MO a couple years ago and really wanted to collect, but state laws kept me from keeping anything so I didn't. I opted to fish at Finger Lakes, and Little Dixie....caught some really nice Largemouth.

#104 Guest_scottsquatch_*

Guest_scottsquatch_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:33 PM

I have been lurking around this forum for a few weeks now, but I actually joined Nanfa last night. I discovered Nanfa and the nanfa forums simultaneously a few year ago when I was surfing the web looking for info on keeping sunfish in aquariums. I recently decided that I wanted to get going on it and came back to this site. Now I wanna go with all native fish. The cichlids are getting old...in with the native fish! Somthing new and exciting! Anyway, I look forward getting to know many members and I hope to go on some collecting trips as well. Happy fishkeeping.

Scott

#105 Guest_steve_*

Guest_steve_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:09 AM

Welcome to NANFA. You're right, native fish are exciting. It's a thrill to explore the fish we have right here close, both in the stream and tank, and a joy to have some good folks to discuss them with. Keeping and studying fish that can be found close to home in the creeks and rivers that we can frequent is such an amazing wonder. I can appreciate the beauty of fish from all around the world, but I've really just always loved the fish next door.

Again, Welcome and happy fishkeeping, collecting, sampling, exploring, and learning about our native fish.

Steve

#106 Guest_Uland_*

Guest_Uland_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:37 PM

I'm afraid my limited time no longer allows me to handle any of my old forum obligations. I'm no longer managing membership status.
Hey forum staff, who should members contact now for assistance?

#107 Guest_danawhicker_*

Guest_danawhicker_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:46 PM

Hey all, I just paid my membership via paypal about 5 minutes ago. I used to be member "whickerda" a few years ago. Forgot my password, didn't have my original registration email, etc., etc.

I got sidetracked for a while with reef tanks, no tanks, tropicals, but now I'm back to natives. Considering I live near some great collecting areas I can't wait to get going again!

#108 Guest_EricaWieser_*

Guest_EricaWieser_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:01 PM

Hey all, I just paid my membership via paypal about 5 minutes ago. I used to be member "whickerda" a few years ago. Forgot my password, didn't have my original registration email, etc., etc.

I got sidetracked for a while with reef tanks, no tanks, tropicals, but now I'm back to natives. Considering I live near some great collecting areas I can't wait to get going again!

Welcome back :) Florida certainly is a great place to go collecting. When you do go out, please take a camera with you. Trip Report pictures are always so fun to see.

#109 Guest_smithsdiv_*

Guest_smithsdiv_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2012 - 07:46 PM

Hi everyone, I am a new member in this forum. Pretty much, I want to learn more about fishes (everything to be learn) to and share what I have learned from this forum. cheer to everyone!

#110 Guest_don212_*

Guest_don212_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2012 - 08:08 PM

hi, just joined this week , but have been on the forum almost a year, loving central fl, fishing, snorkelling, diving, boating, and collecting beautiful local fish, get a lot of help here for my 2 native aquariums and my new backyard pond thank you all

#111 Guest_BenCantrell_*

Guest_BenCantrell_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:16 PM

Hi, just joined today. I'm from Madison, WI. Joined the site because of my interests in multi-species fishing, micro fishing, as well as native fish aquariums. I'm active on roughfish.com under the user name BenC. Looking forward to being more active on NANFA, and I'm sure I'll need help IDing micros from time to time.

Here's my fishing life list:
http://www.roughfish...ed-detail/42538

I also have a native fish aquarium. Its current residents are two logperch, four southern redbelly dace, two blackstripe topminnows, and one tadpole madtom. They're a lively bunch, and I'm always itching to add more fish, but that's probably about as much as I should keep in a 29 gallon aquarium.

#112 Guest_fundulus_*

Guest_fundulus_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:19 PM

Welcome to the Forum, we always need more participants.

#113 Guest_Subrosa_*

Guest_Subrosa_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 July 2012 - 04:44 PM

I'm John from SE PA. Been lurking and posting a bit for a few years and after the BCAS collection trips with Gerald I took the plunge and joined.

#114 Guest_EBParks_*

Guest_EBParks_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:03 PM

I am a new member as of late last week. I haven't even had everything get processed yet, but I'm glad to be on board! I run a public aquarium program here in the Bay area, and I'm excited to join a great network of fellow fishheads.

#115 Guest_samrose_*

Guest_samrose_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:42 PM

i am new found these searching the internet and cant wait to see more and read more about others how share the same passion as i do. i love fish have many tanks field with native and none native fish of ohio. did not know the beautful varity of fish we have here in ohio ontell i got here. thanks for accepting my member request.

#116 Guest_angler361_*

Guest_angler361_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:33 AM

Hello all , I just joined NANFA and came across the site doing a search on keeping native fish in aquariums. The information that I read was incredible and I had to join cause I have so many questions. I go fishing everyday all year long and cant get away from water for to long. so I just wanted to start by saying hello.

#117 Guest_goenfishen88_*

Guest_goenfishen88_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:06 PM

i have known about nanfa for a few years and have always enjoyed checking out the site in the past. i started keeping aquariums in '88. my first fish that i kept were natives. then i joined an aquarium society, the MICHIANA AQUARIUM SOCIETY. at one of the club auctions i bought some african cichlids, so i starterd keeping and breeding them, ten years later i had 70 tanks going in my basement, about that time i made a career change, i stopped working in factorys and became an artist, so i got rid of all my fish stuff and hit the road. this past spring i decided to stop the traveling and settledown in north east georgia, i just bought a 240 gallon tank with a wet/dry and a fluval x5 , cant wait to get it up and get seining, i am also building a rack for darters, im a big darter fan.

#118 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:43 PM

Welcome "goenfishen"! Glad to have another Georgian on the forum. Now is a great time of year to get out in teh water (a little cool, but much easier on the fish). I will keep you informed of goings on here in North Georgia. Hopefully you can get out with us some time soon.
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#119 Guest_zoonose_*

Guest_zoonose_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:52 PM

Hi, I'm Travis. I found the forum a while back, even made a couple of posts, just joined NANFA a few days ago.
I got into native fish when my son and I went fishing and brought home a little green sunfish he named Sparkle.
Sparkle's now doubled in size(pushing 8 inches), and is the big fish around the house ;-) I also have some little greens that
I got from a pet store feeder tank.

#120 Guest_Gavinswildlife_*

Guest_Gavinswildlife_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:16 PM

Hi, I'm Gavin. I have been keeping native fish for a few years, mostly just sunfish and minnows.
My main tank houses a 6" pumpkinseed and 5" Green sunfish.
I hope to post often and be a part of the community. BTW, I'm 12.
:fishy:

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users