New Nanfa Members!

195 replies to this topic

#141 Guest_JasonGoneFishing_*

Guest_JasonGoneFishing_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:34 PM

I just paid my dues, waiting on a confirmation :)

#142 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:50 PM

Thanks Jason, glad you joined NANFA... our systems are pretty manual, so it may take a few days. But you will get an email from our Treasurer and Membership Coordinator Tom. And he will copy me and when I get it I can change your status here from Guest to Member!
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#143 Guest_mnflyfisherman17_*

Guest_mnflyfisherman17_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:20 PM

I everyone, I'm a senior at the University of Wisconsin-Stout studying aquatic biology. I have recently become a NANFA member. Look forward to having great conversations and sharing pictures with all of you.

#144 Guest_fundulus_*

Guest_fundulus_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:49 PM

Thanks for joining, hopefully Michael will soon upgrade your status on the Forum.

#145 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:39 PM

Hey MN-dude! Welcome... we have a number of members up there in your northernly climes. I hope you find all the information you are looking for and some experience and camaraderie. I don't see your membership yet (but we have a rather manual connection between our membership list and the workings here on the forum. If it has been just in the past day or two, then I am sure I will see it soon.
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#146 Guest_wispfox_*

Guest_wispfox_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 April 2014 - 10:19 AM

Hi! I just got a membership (like, a second ago).

I'm in the greater boston area, as I said elsewhere on the forum, I've got a backyard pond which I'm hoping to put natives into, preferably in such a manner as to not have the population explosion that the former (goldfish) residents had. I'm pretty sure that's what caused them to get ich (which I hadn't realized at the time) and die over the winter. I have a surviving green frog tadpole (but not the adults) and at least one trapdoor snail. Sadness!

Stuff! Things!

#147 Guest_Texas2Montana_*

Guest_Texas2Montana_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:51 PM

Greetings from northeast Montana. I recently joined NANFA after stumbling upon an article about the convention that was held in Athens Texas. I was not aware of the organization, but quickly found out. I'm excited to be a member and look forward to this forum and other activities. I work in the Bakken oilfield. I spend 2 months in Montana/North Dakota, then go back home to Central Texas. for a month. I like to collect specimens via micro fishing, fishing, fly fishing and netting. My wife and 3 daughters share my enthusiasm about fish, and we spend family outings collecting and releasing fish from the creeks and rivers in our area, as well as vacation locales.

Chris Leslie

#148 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2014 - 11:07 PM

Welcome to the forum Chris. We look forward to hearing from you. Matt

#149 Guest_WyRenegade_*

Guest_WyRenegade_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:57 PM

Joined recently as well. Long time teacher in Wyoming, been keeping tanks and dabbling with natives for quite some time. Looking forward to hanging around and learning from you all.

#150 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2014 - 10:23 PM

Welcome as well Renegade. We are shy on you western members. Keep us posted on your adventures.

#151 Guest_River3_*

Guest_River3_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:53 AM

I am a new member from Ky and just bought a 30 gallon aquarium at a yardsale. I have started already
collecting fish from a local creek and have been amazed of what i have in my front yard.

#152 Guest_harryknaub_*

Guest_harryknaub_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 July 2014 - 08:18 PM

and have been amazed of what i have in my front yard.

Everyone usually is. That's what gets most of us hooked. Pardon the pun

Harry Knaub

#153 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 July 2014 - 08:33 PM

I am a new member from Ky and just bought a 30 gallon aquarium at a yardsale. I have started already
collecting fish from a local creek and have been amazed of what i have in my front yard.

New forum member or NANFA member?

#154 Guest_Stickbow_*

Guest_Stickbow_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:27 AM

Paid my dues last night. Have been meaning to since I joined the forum several weeks ago, but didn't know our PayPal info...

#155 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:30 AM

Awesome. Thanks for your support.

#156 Guest_shaft6977_*

Guest_shaft6977_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:52 AM

Brand new NANFA member! Greetings from the banks of Sugar Creek and the Wabash River in west central Indiana! I would really appreciate it if everyone would do some sort of reverse rain dance so I could get some nets in the water! Really excited to see my first issue of American Currents.

#157 Guest_BenCantrell_*

Guest_BenCantrell_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:26 AM

Brand new NANFA member! Greetings from the banks of Sugar Creek and the Wabash River in west central Indiana! I would really appreciate it if everyone would do some sort of reverse rain dance so I could get some nets in the water! Really excited to see my first issue of American Currents.

Welcome! I'm familiar with the Vermilion and Little Vermilion on the Illinois side of the Wabash, so I imagine Sugar Creek must be similar. You live in a great place for some interesting fish!

#158 Guest_shaft6977_*

Guest_shaft6977_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:43 AM

If you like to catch smallmouth, Sugar Creek is the place to go. Unbelievable how many are swimming around here. Looking forward to seeing what I can find!

#159 Guest_cjohns_*

Guest_cjohns_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2014 - 08:47 AM

Just received my conformation email! I found out about NANFA through jblaylock website (kycreeks.com) After using the forum for a little while I decided I had to become a member.

#160 Guest_jblaylock_*

Guest_jblaylock_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2014 - 09:24 AM

Glad to see another Kentuckian. I hope you'll consider becoming a member of NANFA. Being in Manchester you have a nice variety of fishes around you in the the Red Bird/South Fork.

Because of the area you are in, I'll tell you what I tell everybody (especially those in KY), "Know your fish!" We have too many threatened, endangered, and species of concern in our waters. Know what you see, and don't take fish that you can't I.D. Welcome to NANFA.

Just received my conformation email! I found out about NANFA through jblaylock website (kycreeks.com) After using the forum for a little while I decided I had to become a member.

:) *pats myself on the back* :)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users