New Nanfa Members!

195 replies to this topic

#121 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:13 PM

Hello Travis and Hello Gavin,

Y'all are both welcome here. Glad to have you. Two more Ohio boys, we certainly have plenty of that already, so you should find it easy to meet up with some folks. Please take a bit to look around, there is a lot of information here. And there are a lot of knowledgeable people here ready to help as well.

Also, if you haven't done so (I know you have Travis) jump over to the main NANFA webpage at www.nanfa.org and see what we are really all about.
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#122 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:32 PM

Welcome guys! Ohio seems to generate a lot of native fish enthusiasts. Let me know if I can be of any help. Matt

#123 Guest_dac343_*

Guest_dac343_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:44 PM

I'm ashamed that is taken me so long but I finally joined today after messing around on this site for a so long... Some might remember my pics from working in the Daniel Boone last year. Currently working for KDFWR at the Center for Mollusk Conservation in Frankfort. People going the the NANFA convention this year will get to see me presenting as well.

Edited by dac343, 22 March 2013 - 06:48 PM.

#124 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:12 AM

Thanks for joining! I look forward to meeting you (and everyone else) face to face in KY. Always good to have an invertebrate presentation or two mixed into our fishy talks.
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#125 Guest_fritz_*

Guest_fritz_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:31 PM

We've had 41 new members sign up in the past 3 months!

#126 Guest_Kanus_*

Guest_Kanus_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:44 PM

That is awesome! I've been trying to recruit some of the Blacksburg/Virginia Tech fisheries community to get involved, and I've printed a bunch of NANFA pamphlets to keep handy whenever I go out collecting in case someone gets curious. :-)

#127 Guest_SicklefinRedhorse_*

Guest_SicklefinRedhorse_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:12 PM

Hey guys, I just joined the site about a week or so ago and am loving it!! It says I am a guest, but I am a member.

Anyways, I discovered you guys from my friend Konrad Schmidt, and from searching the web for info on how to keep native fish in captivity. I currently have a 29 gallon with a Lake Chub, a Hornyhead Chub, a juvenile Common Carp, two White Suckers, and a Tadpole Madtom. Most of my fish care experience has been DIY, as well as from some others, like Konrad. I am also a member of Roughfish.com, which leads to my main passion in the fish universe: which is commonly reffered to as roughfishing, or multispecies fishing. In the Spring and Summer I fish nearly daily, and am always pursuing new species (called a lifelist), while also catching species I have already caught, since I love to fish for all fish O:) This includes microfishing!! I just ordered some TanagoBum hooks, which I believe are about a #32.

Alright then, I am glad to have joined, and I'll see whoever is going to the convention!!

- Greenwood

#128 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:57 PM

Michael will change your status very quickly if deserved. Thank you for your membership!

#129 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:12 PM

Welcome Greenwood. I found you and it shows you as a member now! I'm glad you mentioned it. I get notified of new members, and I try to check the forum. But if you join the forum several days after you join NANFA, I may get things out of order and miss you. But not any more... you are "in" now. Glad to hear that you are coming to the convention. Have you registered already? The price is supposed to go up on April 1st (and it may go up a little early since I am not staying up until midnight tomorrow just to upload new prices to the website).

Anyway, glad to see you are here, and look forward to meeting you at the convention!

#130 Guest_SicklefinRedhorse_*

• Guests

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:59 AM

Thank you for the warm welcome! I have not registerd yet, I can't seem to figue out how... how do I do it?

#131 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:32 AM

I meant registered for the convention... you can do that on the main NANFA web site... start at http://www.nanfa.org/ and hit Annual Convention in the left column... then Meeting Announcement under the 2013 bar... then about half way down the page is a Paypal link that will take you to a registration page.

#132 Guest_SicklefinRedhorse_*

• Guests

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:57 AM

Yeah, I wasn't sure how to register for the convention... but now I do!! Thanks for the step by step help! I'm registered and ready to go.

#133 Guest_BenCantrell_*

Guest_BenCantrell_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:18 PM

Welcome Greenwood! You'll enjoy interacting on the forums here.

#134 Guest_SicklefinRedhorse_*

• Guests

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:04 PM

Thanks Ben!!

#135 Guest_ryansholl_*

Guest_ryansholl_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:10 PM

Hello all!

I just found and joined this organization today. I have kept aquariums since preschool, starting with a plastic gumball machine-shaped tank with a single doomed goldfish and migrating through freshwater community tanks and small koi ponds to end up raising corals to pay the bills in a couple hundred gallons of reef tanks. After many trips snorkeling at coral reefs I've only recently realized how much there is to see in midwestern waters, and am planning on making some of my own, so to speak.

I'm looking forward to becoming an active member here. I'd have thought I'd have come across this org in passing at some point in the past, but regardless, I'm here now!

#136 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:00 PM

Welcome, to the forum... when you waid "joined" did you just mean here, or did you go over to the main web page www.nanfa.org and actually join NANFA? Either way welcome and I hope you do get engaged. We have some knowledgable members out in Iowa actually.

Snorkeling is where it is at... f you have experience in reefs, then you need to get in the rivers... check it out http://gallery.nanfa...olfe/new river/

#137 Guest_ryansholl_*

Guest_ryansholl_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:46 PM

Thanks Michael. I did join NANFA on the spot as I already know I'll be active to the extent I can be. Really surprised that I had not heard of it prior to today.

Anyway, thanks again.

#138 Guest_aaron7353_*

Guest_aaron7353_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:21 AM

Hello all. I just sent payment via PayPal for my membership, and hopefully soon enough my name will show that. I'm a senior in high school with a true love and passion for fish keeping, conservation, and nature in general. I have been "lurking" on the forum for a while learning all sorts of wonderful things. Now, I've joined as a full member. Also, I have the opportunity to begin a research project of native fish through my AP Biology class at school. As a result of this, I'll be going with a biology teacher from school who used to be a US Fish and Wildlife Biologist to a conference at the National Mississippi River Museum and Aquarium in Dubuque, IA where I'll get to meet many biologists, DNR people, and US Fish and Wildlife people. This has the makings of something I hope to turn into a large scale research and conservation project. I will start a thread within the next few days to explain in further detail. Hopefully all you wonderful people here at NANFA will enjoy learning more about this and sharing any advice and knowledge you have to offer with me. Thanks all!

Edited by aaron7353, 03 September 2013 - 01:03 AM.

#139 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:06 AM

Welcome Aaron,

You have a great regional rep here in Iowa. Hopefully he will reach out to you also. There is a lot of information here and a lot of peope that are willing to help you out. Smart of you to lurk a while... there is a lot here to read.

Oh, and the membership thing is a little manual, so it may take a few days to get everythign porcessed and identified, but I will get you "membered up" as soon as I have the info.

#140 Guest_aaron7353_*

Guest_aaron7353_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 September 2013 - 01:38 PM

Thank you Michael!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users